England Thread - 2023/24

I don't have a problem with him not playing people in a position they don't play regularly.

The big issue here is that Foden has been playing in the middle. Pep put him in the middle in the CL and FA Cup finals last year. He's playing in the middle this season, and been getting plenty of attention over it.

So what the fuck is he watching?

Not sure that he watches anything tbh.

He's just robotic and incredibly dull and lacking in creativity. I would be very happy if our players refused to play for England whilst this stooge is at the helm.

The Brighton, Brentford, Newcastle and Villa managers all have their teams playing a modern style of football which on the whole is good on the eye and produces results.

I'd add Graham Potter to the above too..

All of them would leave Southgate standing and I'm as certain as I can be that all would have achieved at least what he has done with England, most probably more.

England would at least have a style of play that's for sure..

Waistcoat is a dour, glass half empty guy who inspires nobody and produces bland, boring football which perfectly matches his demeanor..

If he won't play Phil and then proceeds to slag him off in the press, stop picking him..

I’m starting to think Southgate has something against Phil, perhaps doesn’t like his personality. Can’t think of any other reason why he would publicity criticise a player that starts for the best team in the world.

Should have won the Euros two years ago and bottled it against France last winter. Get him gone.

Like Saturday just a few minutes to try and influence the game is pointless when the likes of Mount Henderson and Rice start in front of him. We don’t need so many holding midfielder players against some of the dross we have played against in qualifying matches and pointless friendly games
The setup against Ukraine was utterly bizarre. Seemed to play Maddison and Saka as inside forwards, with Walker and Chilwell as our width.

All this did is have us have 6 players all centrally, but with no pattern of play.

Asking Henderson to play the advanced 8 role when Foden is on the bench is borderline criminal.

Having said that, Southgate obviously either planned that or couldn’t see that that’s what his selection created. Then he brought Foden on and he was anonymous as we had no control of the game.

Potter is on £12m a year gardening leave. Not sure the FA would offer that.

Infact, we might not see Potter again until 2027.

It's an opinion not a go out and get him ffs..

My post was pointing out how mediocre Southgate is and what options are out there..

Thanks for putting me straight on Potters contractual situation though, much appreciated..

It's an opinion not a go out and get him ffs..

My post was pointing out how mediocre Southgate is and what options are out there..

Thanks for putting me straight on Potters contractual situation though, much appreciated..
I’m not sure how you’ve taken that as a dig at you, but hey, that‘s social media for you.

TAA aka 'the jogger' in midfield after a couple of games, Trippier and Saka at left-back, the players mainly get Southgate through as do the press as he says the right things. When it really matters he gets found out because he is one dimensional and doesn't have a plan B

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.