England Thread - 2023/24

He's played Foden in every single England game he's been available for since Euro 2020 with the exception of the USA match in the world cup so I don't believe he's got any grudge against Foden, he's just scared of an attacking midfield and looking for increaisnlgy dumb ways to justirfy it.
He's certainly got me scratching my head.

Kane saw the midfield was flat and moved back there to create the goal against Ukraine. What was Southgate watching?

I don't have a problem with him not playing people in a position they don't play regularly.

The big issue here is that Foden has been playing in the middle. Pep put him in the middle in the CL and FA Cup finals last year. He's playing in the middle this season, and been getting plenty of attention over it.

So what the fuck is he watching?
The most in tactically aware person can see what waistcoat cannot see in front of his very eyes. He must have a degree in incompetence and our players would be best suited swerving a call up whilst he is still in charge. Apparently he has had to talk Kyle out of international retirement several times and the wanker holds a grudge against Phil and Jack I am sure

The most in tactically aware person can see what waistcoat cannot see in front of his very eyes. He must have a degree in incompetence and our players would be best suited swerving a call up whilst he is still in charge. Apparently he has had to talk Kyle out of international retirement several times and the wanker holds a grudge against Phil and Jack I am sure
Imagine if England won the Euro's.

Jack would have an ITV2 production crew filming his 2 month bender.

I couldn’t give a shit about England and cos I don’t like a lot of the arse licking of the cartel players I am generally not disappointed if they lose. However having said that I do want the City players to do ok and get treated fairly, ahem, Southgate, mediocrity incarnate, a journeyman centre half, publicly digging out one of Englands most talented and creative players, and a City player at that! Phil is going to face frustration at every turn with Southgate, trying to make his square peg fit the round hole he has been allocated. Walk away Phil, it’s just not worth the hassle.

He's played Foden in every single England game he's been available for since Euro 2020 with the exception of the USA match in the world cup so I don't believe he's got any grudge against Foden, he's just scared of an attacking midfield and looking for increaisnlgy dumb ways to justirfy it.
Like Saturday just a few minutes to try and influence the game is pointless when the likes of Mount Henderson and Rice start in front of him. We don’t need so many holding midfielder players against some of the dross we have played against in qualifying matches and pointless friendly games

The **** barely played him on Saturday, in any position. Useless waistcoat Wanker

I said on a previous post I came in without seeing the lineup and stuck it on, before quickly going outside again when I saw Henderson and Rice rather than Foden and Rice. Then, much to my amazement I saw Phil not only on the pitch but in a central role!!! For all of 5 minutes until Gallagher came on and he was put out wide. What I saw was a player constantly on the move, constantly demanding the ball and constantly ignored by the piss poor players around him failing to give it to him.

If I was Phil I'd sit Gareth down with the rest of the lads and show them his performance against Newcastle and say "lads, if I've got a couple of players around me, give me the ball anyway and just watch what I can do".

Or I'd say "right Gareth I'm going back to City where I get played - you know that team that won a treble and is far better than this England side".

He wasn't getting picked centrally for City because he was effective out wide and we had Gundo, De Bruyne, Rodri and Bernardo as other options. Now he does get picked. England have got Bellingham, Rice, Henderson, Gallagher, Maddison. For him not to be starting in midfield is a joke and tells you all you need to know about waistcoat.

I couldn’t give a shit about England and cos I don’t like a lot of the arse licking of the cartel players I am generally not disappointed if they lose. However having said that I do want the City players to do ok and get treated fairly, ahem, Southgate, mediocrity incarnate, a journeyman centre half, publicly digging out one of Englands most talented and creative players, and a City player at that! Phil is going to face frustration at every turn with Southgate, trying to make his square peg fit the round hole he has been allocated. Walk away Phil, it’s just not worth the hassle.

Foden's used to playing 4d chess and Southgate's trying to get them all playing draughts. Yes he can move the way Southgate wants, but it's all just a huge waste of his talent. And the talent of some of the other players too.

Foden's used to playing 4d chess and Southgate's trying to get them all playing draughts. Yes he can move the way Southgate wants, but it's all just a huge waste of his talent. And the talent of some of the other players too.

Sorry just to expand on this...

If Southgate had a clue hed realise how good City are and try and base everything around our players. Full the spaces with others who play a relatively similar style (Arsenal via Arteta, Brighton, plus Kane I guess...) and let them play how they know.

Leave united and scouse players on the bench as they don't play the same way, bring them on occasionally once the game's won.

I don't have a problem with him not playing people in a position they don't play regularly.

The big issue here is that Foden has been playing in the middle. Pep put him in the middle in the CL and FA Cup finals last year. He's playing in the middle this season, and been getting plenty of attention over it.

So what the fuck is he watching?
Southgate says in the article that versus Newcastle he defended off the right and drifted inside which he has the license to do with England as well but I agree he played centrally in not only the most recent CL final but Pep trusted him in there in the first one as well.

I didn't use to mind Southgate. Thought he was clearly out of his depth, but had done a reasonable enough job and seemed like a decent guy. Feels like we're making no progress though, and his decision to publicly question Foden again is just bizarre. Seems like he has a bit of a vindictive side towards certain players. We're not going to win anything with him in charge.
I've a similar view of Southgate,he should have gone out on a high after euro 2020,when it became clear he wasn't going to cut it tactically.

He's defensive and contradicts himself when questioned about Foden,there definitely is a problem.
We're not only not going to win anything with him in charge,I can't even see us getting to another semi final.

He makes Roberto Martinez look good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.