England v Andorra | World Cup Qualifier

no, I really don’t care about how many defensive midfielders we play if we win 4-0 and could of won 10-0
So if West Ham played 2 defensive midfielders against Vauxhall Motors, whilst not blooding many youngsters, you’d be calling it an excellent, professional performance?

So if West Ham played 2 defensive midfielders against Vauxhall Motors, whilst not blooding many youngsters, you’d be calling it an excellent, professional performance?

I’d certainly not moan about a 4-0 win in which we completely dominated. I couldn’t care less about the formation.

Saka, Mount, Grealish, James all young and others on form in the PL given a chance.
It’s exactly what we want to see and have been crying out for years.

I think the issue is slightly different for a club team, who basically live, eat and breathe together versus a national team that meets up a few times per year.

The former provides much greater flexibility, which can be repeatedly worked on in training, while the latter usually revolves around a pattern of play that players who have shown they can operate within, are brought in to effect it to the highest degree possible.

Southgate has developed a system that is very much Guardiola/Tuchel based.

Possession of the ball, wide and high full backs, ball playing central defenders, two midfield anchors around which the entire team revolves, and mobile inside forwards who can make the run through the defence.

In short, he has developed a system and changing it for a one off again at Andorra is a lot more complicated than it needs to be.

Simply tell one of your two DMs they have license to get 20 yards further up the pitch, and even breakthrough the opponents back line, if it’s on.

I think the issue is slightly different for a club team, who basically live, eat and breathe together versus a national team that meets up a few times per year.

The former provides much greater flexibility, which can be repeatedly worked on in training, while the latter usually revolves around a pattern of play that players who have shown they can operate within, are brought in to effect it to the highest degree possible.

Southgate has developed a system that is very much Guardiola/Tuchel based.

Possession of the ball, wide and high full backs, ball playing central defenders, two midfield anchors around which the entire team revolves, and mobile inside forwards who can make the run through the defence.

In short, he has developed a system and changing it for a one off again at Andorra is a lot more complicated than it needs to be.

Simply tell one of your two DMs they have license to get 20 yards further up the pitch, and even breakthrough the opponents back line, if it’s on.
I don’t disagree with any of that.

It was still boring and we didn’t play very well.

I’d certainly not moan about a 4-0 win in which we completely dominated. I couldn’t care less about the formation.

Saka, Mount, Grealish, James all young and others on form in the PL given a chance.
It’s exactly what we want to see and have been crying out for years.
We’ve seen 4-0 wins against Andorra every time we’ve played them.

Maybe this time it means we’re great.

We’ve seen 4-0 wins against Andorra every time we’ve played them.

Maybe this time it means we’re great.

fair enough - just feel after the success of the Euros it’s a special time for England and the youngsters coming through, there’s a lot of spirit and unity from this side that I don’t think I’ve seen in my life time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.