England v Belgium | Friendly | Match Thread

Thankfully, the late equaliser made them forget to announce such trivialities. I don't know if he got the award. He played well though, but not as well as Foden. The commentary team were certainly emphasising his positive contributions, and downplaying his mistakes.

I thought former golden child Bellingham showed quite a lot of petulance. He linked up very well with Foden, and occasionally with Mainoo too.

Edit to say Bowen and Gordon both looked good in these two games. Bowen probably my MOTM against Belgium.
Great player that Bellingham is,he is one selfish f*****, frequently ignores better placed teammates for personal glory and the way he plays won't promote any longevity in the game, particularly the way the media hype him up.

Great player that Bellingham is,he is one selfish f*****, frequently ignores better placed teammates for personal glory and the way he plays won't promote but any longevity in the game, particularly the way the media hype him up.
One German Cup and beating pub teams with Real Madrid does not make anyone great. Bellingham may become great one day but the media hype is ridiculous. He is unproven at the elite level.

One German Cup and beating pub teams with Real Madrid does not make anyone great. Bellingham may become great one day but the media hype is ridiculous. He is unproven at the elite level.

Hmmmm…POTY so far for Real Madrid, in his first year, at his age??? YGBSM, right?

Not that he isn’t a greedy bastard or that he’s not the hype monster, but to denigrate his level of play is silly.

He’s pure class.
He's a great player but does anyone else thinks he looks clumsy on the ball?
By that I mean the ball seems to be always bobbling and he's kind of straining to keep it to him whereas KDB has it under control and it's always at his feet.

He's very raw at the minute but I think his presence is a big part of his game at the moment but he knows where the goal is and scores very important goals.

He's a great player but does anyone else thinks he looks clumsy on the ball?
By that I mean the ball seems to be always bobbling and he's kind of straining to keep it to him whereas KDB has it under control and it's always at his feet.

He's very raw at the minute but I think his presence is a big part of his game at the moment but he knows where the goal is and scores very important goals.

Fair point.
He lacks that composure KDB has. Other than that I fail to see what other attributes he lacks - seems to have everything.

Fair point.
He lacks that composure KDB has. Other than that I fail to see what other attributes he lacks - seems to have everything.
95% of players on the planet can’t match the composure of KDB. Bellingham Is only 20 and will learn. He is an exceptional talent and as a Scot, this dismays me greatly, seething jealousy is overwhelming my usually calm and rational demeanour.

The waistcoat, for me at least, isn’t maximising the considerable talent at you lots disposal. That’s what would do my head in, if I were English. You have pace, skill, threat and energy in the squad, but somehow contrive to look as dangerous and commanding as a new born kitten, without the cuteness.

This shouid be the last tournament he’s in charge. For me, you have the players to win it, you don’t have the manager. You shouid get Ange to lead you for the tournament. :)

95% of players on the planet can’t match the composure of KDB. Bellingham Is only 20 and will learn. He is an exceptional talent and as a Scot, this dismays me greatly, seething jealousy is overwhelming my usually calm and rational demeanour.

The waistcoat, for me at least, isn’t maximising the considerable talent at you lots disposal. That’s what would do my head in, if I were English. You have pace, skill, threat and energy in the squad, but somehow contrive to look as dangerous and commanding as a new born kitten, without the cuteness.

This shouid be the last tournament he’s in charge. For me, you have the players to win it, you don’t have the manager. You shouid get Ange to lead you for the tournament. :)

As i've mentioned before , when you mix players from different clubs it's just very tough to have that fluency and command - very few international teams have that.

As i've mentioned before , when you mix players from different clubs it's just very tough to have that fluency and command - very few international teams have that.
All the more reason we should just select City and Arsenal players with Kane up top and a few decent ball-playing defenders and midfielders from the top 10 in the league to make up the numbers.

Go the Spain route to glory. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.