England v Brazil | Friendly | Match Thread

They could get us playing like Man City at there absolute best but should we dare to lose then it’s an onslaught of what the manager should have done differently, why didn’t he play so and so, why didn’t he make the right subs - ‘this is why we won’t win anything’ and all the usual cliche garbage.

As I said , international football is just less exciting than PL , players don’t gel as much, it’s slower - no manager can change that

Pep and Klopp would likely get a bit more respite based on their reputations but I struggle to see who the next manager is going to be to absolutely guarantee we always play ‘exciting’ football , always win and always win trophies.

That’s just my take by the way and I know I’m in the minority.
You really think that Pep losing once would ellicit the same response (as you describe) as Southgate losing yet again, at home, against one of the worst Brazilian sides in recent memory?

Do you think it would be reasonable to say he would likely get far more leeway, especially if he has England playing entertaining, attacking football (thus losing isn’t as soul crushing)?

You really think that Pep losing once would ellicit the same response (as you describe) as Southgate losing yet again, at home, against one of the worst Brazilian sides in recent memory?

Yes.

And losing ‘yet again, at home’ - when was the last time ?

They could get us playing like Man City at there absolute best but should we dare to lose then it’s an onslaught of what the manager should have done differently, why didn’t he play so and so, why didn’t he make the right subs - ‘this is why we won’t win anything’ and all the usual cliche garbage.

As I said , international football is just less exciting than PL , players don’t gel as much, it’s slower - no manager can change that

Pep and Klopp would likely get a bit more respite based on their reputations but I struggle to see who the next manager is going to be to absolutely guarantee we always play ‘exciting’ football , always win and always win trophies.

So you don't think Pep or Klopp would get these players playing more attacking football!

That I'm afraid is utter nonsense. Your argument in defense of Southgate is in tatters.

Fucking international, and pointless, friendlies.

2 of City's most important players end up playing a full 90 minutes, and the other gets injured after 20 minutes.
Footballers are being asked to play too much, international football should be put right in the fucking bin.

"...all the usual cliche garbage"... cuts both ways - and atm not in your favour - we won't win anything under southgate cos he's technically inept - it's not fucking rocket surgery

So you don't think Pep or Klopp would get these players playing more attacking football!

What formation shape would they do different out of interest ?

we might attack more but soon as we lose and exit a tournament then no one cares and the manager gets crucified

"...all the usual cliche garbage"... cuts both ways - and atm not in your favour - we won't win anything under southgate cos he's technically inept - it's not fucking rocket surgery

Literally a penalty shoot out away from winning a tournament, can’t get any closer to winning that that. He took us further than any manager we’ve had since 1966.

It’s so easy to just point at any manager and say ‘he won’t win us anything ‘ because the likelihood is we wont. Regardless who we have in the dugout.
1. We have no devine right regardless of how good the players are.
2. Because it’s tournament football, anyone can knock out anyone, only takes a mistake, or a bad ref decision and that’s it you’re out.

Man City didn’t win champions league for ages and they have the best manager and best players in the world. Football is a fickle game. Hence I’d rather just enjoy it and ignore the nonsense and outrage should we dare to lose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.