England v Hungary | Tuesday 12th October 2021

so he tried to play a 4-3-3 like city with 2 x No8s being Foden and Mount, the latter of which plays in a team who play a completely different system and the former who from my memory was picked there once against Leeds away (1-1) by the best manager ever and was total shite bevause (newsflash) he can’t play central midfield

he’s also obsessed with sterling
Of course Foden can play central midfield. At the very least he can play there better than any other England player. It’s not like Henderson or Phillips are pulling up any trees.

A few more games there for England and/or City will do him good.

Ahead of all the (inevitable) 'OMG SACK SOUTHGATE NOW!' posts, I'll say again what I said last time I posted - perhaps people could start suggesting possible replacements? I'll wait...

Also, it's a bit odd moaning about why Southgate is persisting with Kane upfront, when the obvious answer is that there's nobody making a case that they could do a better job. Abraham got a go against Andorra, scored a goal and everyone whinged along the lines of 'HE'S SHIT GET HIM OFF'; he also seems a bit of a Danny Welbeck-type who scores goals against weak opponents, but struggles in big games. Watkins hasn't really been in great form, Calvert-Lewin is injured. So unless you want to bring back 30-something Jamie Vardy, or rope in injury-prone Danny Ings, it looks like Kane is the best we can do, even if he is in absolutely rancid form right now. I won't bother suggesting Mason Greenwood as everyone will then start bitching and moaning about favouritism towards Manchester United players, even though there is precious little evidence of this existing.

And while I'm on a rant, can we stop all the whining about 'If only England had Kante/Rodri/Paul Pogba...' - okay, maybe not that last one :) - since none of them are actually eligible to play for England. If there are similar players out there who are actually eligible, then by all means suggest them, but stop blaming the manager for not picking players that don't exist.

Ahead of all the (inevitable) 'OMG SACK SOUTHGATE NOW!' posts, I'll say again what I said last time I posted - perhaps people could start suggesting possible replacements? I'll wait...

Also, it's a bit odd moaning about why Southgate is persisting with Kane upfront, when the obvious answer is that there's nobody making a case that they could do a better job. Abraham got a go against Andorra, scored a goal and everyone whinged along the lines of 'HE'S SHIT GET HIM OFF'; he also seems a bit of a Danny Welbeck-type who scores goals against weak opponents, but struggles in big games. Watkins hasn't really been in great form, Calvert-Lewin is injured. So unless you want to bring back 30-something Jamie Vardy, or rope in injury-prone Danny Ings, it looks like Kane is the best we can do, even if he is in absolutely rancid form right now. I won't bother suggesting Mason Greenwood as everyone will then start bitching and moaning about favouritism towards Manchester United players, even though there is precious little evidence of this existing.

And while I'm on a rant, can we stop all the whining about 'If only England had Kante/Rodri/Paul Pogba...' - okay, maybe not that last one :) - since none of them are actually eligible to play for England. If there are similar players out there who are actually eligible, then by all means suggest them, but stop blaming the manager for not picking players that don't exist.
Blimey

And without any shame whatsoever failed to mention that two of his three goals were penalties

Hattrick against Luxembourg isn't impressive, two of them from penalty even more so.

Any quality championship or league 1 team can beat Luxembourg side.

What a poor game management by Southgate, like him as person, but he is really a mediocre manager at best. If Grealish off was mystifying, Henderson on was a crime against football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.