England v Iceland - Fri 7th June, 19:45 | Friendly

I'm not a Southgate fan, but I don't think that's fair. Phil is playing where he prefers in that ten role. He's just not been good today. There's zero room to operate in there, but his touch/passing has all been off.
Can’t agree with that one. Can’t fucking stand waistcoat but Phil has been playing in his best position tonight. Yes they’ve got everyone behind the ball but he’s been a bit sloppy and not looked like producing any of his magic so far
I dunno, he looks like he's been told to just stay in the middle where as he's used to roaming around for us. Palmer was doing the moving first half.

I am just trying to find out what is Southgate's tactic here, positioning and movement is non existent. Hate to say it, but Phil's every game is like his debut. Apart from on really good release and a few flicks for kids, he's been doing next to nothing embedded between lines and surrounded by half the population of Iceland.

FFS, Palmer has done nowt, neither has Bellingham, nor Gordon but its Phil's fault that they can't be arsed?

Injured or being cautious? He can't be that sore if he's just played 45

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.