England V Italy, Quarter Final 2012 (merged)

strongbowholic said:
Well folks, I'm on the verge of giving up passing opinion on what I thought I saw simply because the overwhelming majority of people I have spoken to over the last 24hrs seem to say Johnson - that is GLEN Johnson - actually played well.

Clearly I'm addicted to LSD as I thought he was fucking worse than shite.
All they remember is that one chance. And he bottled it.

-- Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:45 pm --

CBlue said:
Kippaxgirl said:
My two cents ...... the English play was embarrassing. Players appraisal: Ashley Young (waste of time, poor play), Steven Gerrard (some good play but at 34 needs to be replaced now so that replacement has two years before the next world cup), Ditto for Parker who is basically unskilled except in his willingness to put his body in the way to block shots on goal. James Milner (beaten with the ball way too many times -- a couple of good passes), Ashley Cole (rarely in the right position), Glen Johnson (overall performance rubbish), Rooney (not match fit), Wellbeck (got lost too much), Joe Hart (overall good performance but got a lot of help from goalposts). Lescott and Terry pretty solid throughout but again moving up in years. Theo Walcott quite good and England certainly needed his pace.

Recommendation to Hodgson is not select ANY player over 30 years old or will be over 30 by next world cup. Give Micah Richards an extended run. Also extended runs to Walcott, O-Chamberlain, and other youngsters.
Why? Did they keep moving when the Italians were shooting? That's like saying that Hart got a lot of help from that space between the goalpost & the corner flag. THE GOALPOST IS OFF TARGET - WHEN YOU HIT THE POST IT MEANS THAT YOU MISSED, FFS!!

They could have deflected in, you understand.

AwMHLxJCQAEb9Al.jpg

sorry if already posted

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.