England v Scotland | Euro 2020 Group Stage

The stat that always has me howling with laughter is the " Grealish has been the most fouled player in the Premier League for the last two seasons", as if it's a badge of honour or that he's so good that everyone has to foul him to stop him.
What utter nonsense, he constantly keeps the ball for far too long ,draws players near him & then tangles his legs up with the opponents to get a foul.
You need far more than that at international level, far more. I think he's got it in him but needs to show more than that

I'm wondering if Pep will go there when his contract with us finishes. I'm sure he has already said he would like to manage England. He won't manage Spain due to his Basque affinity. It's a thought

As for Southgate he's going nowhere as the fa love him, he ticks all the boxes, the safe boring yes man.
Basque affinity have you seen him wear one,is pics you know the rules lol

I'm wondering if Pep will go there when his contract with us finishes. I'm sure he has already said he would like to manage England. He won't manage Spain due to his Basque affinity. It's a thought

As for Southgate he's going nowhere as the fa love him, he ticks all the boxes, the safe boring yes man.
Yes, Gareth is going nowhere for the next decade. But Pep to replace him? ouch! He'll have poor Foden straight-jacketed just as at MC. "Don't lose the ball or it's back to the bench." He'll do the same to Grealish. We need someone who will not sub or bench players who have that x factor.

Southgate tactics.

Right its not working, I will take off our best attacking player Foden. Put on Grealish in left wing. Switch the left winger to right wing.
Shit that's hasnt worked I will take of Kane cos he has been shit and put on St Marcus who is so fucking lazy but what else can I do ?

Well Southgate how about taking Kane of first pushing Sterling central, Grealish on left wing Foden on the right.
And getting rid of one of the DM and attack.
7 defensive players for the whole 90 minutes !

Southgate said something post match which I think should be a sackable offence:

“If you can’t win the match you need to make sure you don’t lose.”

So Gareth, at what point in that match did you decide we were too shit to actually try to beat the 3rd lowest ranked team in the tournament? Why do we have to have the mentality that we can’t win the match just because it’s 0-0 in the second half? Why can’t we make changes that actually enhance our chances of winning? League Two manager, sack him now.
Nothing will change at international level. The truth is that English managers are sub standard and have been for decades. That's why so few English coaches work at the highest level in the club game. I thought Southgate was progressing but it was just another mirage brought on by the number of pub teams we play in the qualifiers.
Southgate's performance last night was pathetic. Taking Foden off for Grealish when England needed more creativity was just stupid. Kane looks so far off the pace it's unreal. He was flat-footed and static for most of the match waiting for the ball to come to him. When was the last time he played well in a significant match? It must be years ago. He is another player that has been poorly coached at club and international level. English players seem to go backwards.
I am worried that Foden will be ruined playing for an idiot like Southgate. Perhaps they should get Eddie Boothroyd back!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.