England v Scotland | Euro 2020 Group Stage

For me England should not play Possession football should play more direct and pick up the second balls with Foden Sterling Kane Mount Grealish Sancho we have the players to score! Against teams like Scotland we should of played basketball type football it make it more open but you make a lot more chances plus more space to play in..
Pickford played a huge number of long balls last night and they were just lapped up by Scotland's defence. What we missed was a midfield player having the courage to run forwards with the ball. Stones made more forward runs than Rice and Phillips. Foden needed to drop back into midfield (perhaps when Grealish came on). For some bizarre reason Foden was left on the right wing.
The other issue was the lack of movement from Kane. He is a great finisher but his movement off the ball was very poor. He seemed unable to find any space. I think City are having a laugh if they think he can replace Sergio.

England are a reflection of their manager, dull, boring and un inspiring.
We have some good players, not world class but good, we have a manager who is so far out of his depth it's frightening, but he says the right things, nods his head and doesn't rock the boat.
When your full backs are instructed to not cross the half way line, hold there positions and play the safe back or sideways pass, why the hell do you need two defensive midfielders.
The waistcoat doesn't react quick enough, he looks lost, fear of getting beat, we will get mullered by any half decent side, Scotland fully deserved their point.
Phil isn't a right winger, but he was our biggest threat, so what does the waistcoat do, hook him off, the easy option, the man is a clown and under his management we will achieve nowt.

Yes, Gareth is going nowhere for the next decade. But Pep to replace him? ouch! He'll have poor Foden straight-jacketed just as at MC. "Don't lose the ball or it's back to the bench." He'll do the same to Grealish. We need someone who will not sub or bench players who have that x factor.

You think Pep straitjackets Foden?? He doesn't, but all players have to play with some discipline.

Grealish- fell over a couple of times, got one of theirs booked, misplaced a couple of passes, didn't create much. Might have been better to see him link up with Foden. Why have Shaw playing with Sterling. Both cut inside , Shaw doesn't compliment Sterling at all. Flat performance but Southgate was scared tonight. There's at least 6 teams out there that would stuff us out of sight
Why would anybody compliment Sterling

Southgate tactics.

Right its not working, I will take off our best attacking player Foden. Put on Grealish in left wing. Switch the left winger to right wing.
Shit that's hasnt worked I will take of Kane cos he has been shit and put on St Marcus who is so fucking lazy but what else can I do ?

Well Southgate how about taking Kane of first pushing Sterling central, Grealish on left wing Foden on the right.
And getting rid of one of the DM and attack.
7 defensive players for the whole 90 minutes !
Spot on!

Skysports player ratings from last night - Phil 5, Sterling 6, Grealish 7, I must have missed that game as I'm not sure how either of the latter 2 scored higher. England are always going to be limited playing with 2 defensive midfields who are are also both limited in their ability especially going forward at the top level which is why they will always rely so much on set pieces/penalties to score.
I think sky missed the game too! Phil 7, Sterling 4.5.

England are a reflection of their manager, dull, boring and un inspiring.
We have some good players, not world class but good, we have a manager who is so far out of his depth it's frightening, but he says the right things, nods his head and doesn't rock the boat.
When your full backs are instructed to not cross the half way line, hold there positions and play the safe back or sideways pass, why the hell do you need two defensive midfielders.
The waistcoat doesn't react quick enough, he looks lost, fear of getting beat, we will get mullered by any half decent side, Scotland fully deserved their point.
Phil isn't a right winger, but he was our biggest threat, so what does the waistcoat do, hook him off, the easy option, the man is a clown and under his management we will achieve nowt.
Great post. Mr Plastic needs replacing at once ... but he'll be here for the next decade.

Southgate should have stayed in the Pizza game, would have cleaned up with Just Eat and Uber Eats.

Never a top manager, baffling how he is in charge of the England team, boring as fuck so far and completely clueless.

Pickford lumping the ball to Kane omg, "Life on Mars" or what

Someone mentioned the stat about Grealish, he was right, gets fouled because he holds onto the ball too long.

The only change the spineless yes man will make will be fuckin Maguire in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.