England v Senegal - Sun 4th Dec, 19:00 | Round of 16 | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great drive from Bellingham but don’t underestimate the importance of people like Phil who can play one touch football, in games like this.

I think you’ll destroy these now.
I haven't, I have been talking about it throughout the thread. ;-)

Exactly. A football genius.
The thing that sets Phil apart is not his energy, or his first touch, or his technique -- many other players have that.

The thing that causes many experts to say he is the most exciting English talent in a generation is his footballing intelligence.

Henderson would have taken a touch there. Saka would have probably mishandled. Bellingham would probably have tried to drive forward to shoot himself.

But Phil scanned ahead as the ball was coming to him and saw that the best play was the first time pass. And he executed (with a little luck with the nick).

For the first goal, he saw that a one time pass forward took out Senegal's entire midfield.

He could be the most decorated City and England player in history if he continues his development and cleans up his off-the-pitch antics.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.