England v Slovakia - Sun 30th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Round of 16

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am hoping that we found our mojo. I really fancy us for getting to the final.

Interesting looking at our defensive stats, we are one of the best. Not been really tested yet but at least that is hopeful, even if we are one of the worst at just football!"

Game day. C’mon boys

9d2dfa0622c9faa86b5740d8087db9b0.gif

I am hoping that we found our mojo. I really fancy us for getting to the final.

Interesting looking at our defensive stats, we are one of the best. Not been really tested yet but at least that is hopeful, even if we are one of the worst at just football!"
You been at the Hammners coolaid?

well lets not forget if we beat these it's only because they are 'now shit and the worst Italian/Austrian side' in their history - like when we beat Germany last Euros.
yes, that German side who until yesterday hadn't reached the last 8 of any of their last 7 or 8 tournaments.

Italy are no longer a problem, Switzerland quite possibly will be. I admire your continued defence of of Southgate, misplaced though it seems to me to be. What I don't understand is how you cannot see the errors he makes repeated ad infinitum? Prime example being the "experiment" with Tront in midfield in the group stages of a tournament rather than putting it to bed one way or the other beforehand. A position, bear in mind, that old Klippety had already decided wasn't tenable for a team with a host of far more direct runners than the England set up.

Southgate sets up defensively, and a defensive set up wins trophies so he's half-way justified. Where he fails is he hasn't realised, or can't implement, the attacking aspect to go with that, sticking to a 10 year out of date rigid set up, without the like of a Messi or Henry or even (and I'll self flagellate later for this) a Ronaldo to make an individual difference, or going with a more fluid attack with players capable of interchanging positions, creating space for each other.

His approach is dire and unimaginative of the like you would expect from a side ranked 30+ in the rankings with limited options, rather than a team blessed with generational talents who were one of the pre-tournament favourites.

In short, he's a bit of a coward is Gareth

I'd pick this team for Sunday

__________pickHoof_________

______walker_Stones_Quehi___

Palmer__Rice___Wharton__Saka

____Foden____Mainoo______

_________Watkins__________
tbf thats a worse line up than Southgate picks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.