England v Slovenia - Tue 25th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Southgate is honestly pretty inept.

So many issues with his England set up. Here's my quick easy fix:

Out: Trent and Trippier.

In: Gordan and Wharton.

Play a 4231 with Rice as a CB and Wharton in midfield with Jude. When in possession, Rice pushes up next to Wharton, and Jude pushes up next to Foden.

Rice isn't progressive enough as a CDM, but if played deeper as a CB or when in possession next to Wharton, that fixes alot of midfield issues.

Gordan is more threatening than Trippier.

Simple fix.

He really doesn't understand what he's doing to these players. He is so stuck in his ways of having two rattle and battle midfielders he can't see that hardly any good team in the league play like this. Even at Arsenal, Arteta realised about halfway through the season that Rice isn't a 6 and he ended up putting Jorginho there. Southgate has cooked himself, he's going to go out in the next stage or luckily make it to a quarter and then get shown up again. His record vs top 10 ranked teams last time i checked was something like played 27 and won 6, considering the rankings can be a bit shit sometimes i think 6 in 27 is fucking shocking stuff.

Southgate is honestly pretty inept.

So many issues with his England set up. Here's my quick easy fix:

Out: Trent and Trippier.

In: Gordan and Wharton.

Play a 4231 with Rice as a CB and Wharton in midfield with Jude. When in possession, Rice pushes up next to Wharton, and Jude pushes up next to Foden.

Rice isn't progressive enough as a CDM, but if played deeper as a CB or when in possession next to Wharton, that fixes alot of midfield issues.

Gordan is more threatening than Trippier.

Simple fix.
Who is playing left back in this? Considering Rice hasn't played CB in years i don't think this is an easy fix tbh. The fact he's only taken Shaw as a recognised LB, who hasn't played for months, and then drops Grealish because he hasn't played much is baffling. I think the easiest fix really is to just bring Bellingham back as a pure 8 but tell him to keep away from Foden and Kane's positions. There is room for these guys to function as a team but Southgate is just fixating on Phillips position, as he proved the other night in post match comments.

He really doesn't understand what he's doing to these players. He is so stuck in his ways of having two rattle and battle midfielders he can't see that hardly any good team in the league play like this. Even at Arsenal, Arteta realised about halfway through the season that Rice isn't a 6 and he ended up putting Jorginho there. Southgate has cooked himself, he's going to go out in the next stage or luckily make it to a quarter and then get shown up again. His record vs top 10 ranked teams last time i checked was something like played 27 and won 6, considering the rankings can be a bit shit sometimes i think 6 in 27 is fucking shocking stuff.
Even then, we did it through high pressing and counter attacking.

Our press has been non-existent so far.

Who is playing left back in this? Considering Rice hasn't played CB in years i don't think this is an easy fix tbh. The fact he's only taken Shaw as a recognised LB, who hasn't played for months, and then drops Grealish because he hasn't played much is baffling. I think the easiest fix really is to just bring Bellingham back as a pure 8 but tell him to keep away from Foden and Kane's positions. There is room for these guys to function as a team but Southgate is just fixating on Phillips position, as he proved the other night in post match comments.
The back line is Guehi - Stones - Rice - Walker

Rice may not have played CB before, but his best qualities are as a defensive player or playing next to an actual playmaking DM (Wharton).

Southgate already fucked up by bringing one injury prone LB, Trippier playing is just completely pointless, and he offers nothing.

Just play a CB there (like we often do), and let an actual winger hold the width and be a threat.

There is just no way Southgate is ever going to play the best player in the Premier League in his best position is there. He wont even play him in his second best position. The bloke is a clueless fraud.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.