England v Switzerland - Sat 6th July, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Quarter-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We should beat the Swiss. If we don't then Southgate has fucked up too many times and should be sacked immediately.

I fancy is for the win though, and hopefully our team have struggled with selection up to this point and now have a settled team .

I too would like to see foden AND Bellingham up front of midfield and rice on his own. Let's go out battling at least if needs be.

We should beat the Swiss. If we don't then Southgate has fucked up too many times and should be sacked immediately.

I fancy is for the win though, and hopefully our team have struggled with selection up to this point and now have a settled team .

I too would like to see foden AND Bellingham up front of midfield and rice on his own. Let's go out battling at least if needs be.
The Swiss are well organised and hard to break down. We only beat them on penalties in the NL when we were playing well.

Not sure it's in Phil's interest to actually start this game. The performances as a team were there at the last tournament but now it feels like England are merely winging it.

I know it's sacrilege to suggest one of our own be left out but the fallout will be huge later and it's just not worth it. Pundits are actually insinuating most of the problems are down that left hand side without naming anyone specifically but it'll soon change. He'd be better off coming off the bench later in the game.

So potentially..

Pickford

TAA (RWB), Walker, Stones, Konsa, Saka (LWB)
Rice Mainoo
Bellingham Foden
Kane

That side beats the Swiss.

We can't play through the lines down the middle and the lack of width on the left makes it even easier to prevent us from creating chances. The Swiss defend very narrow with their back 5 so we're playing into their hands if we stick to what we've seen so far. Matching their formation means they've got a decision to make. Leave space for Saka or TAA to create things out wide. TAA will be much better in that role than in midfield. Saka can attack the space with his pace and it gives Phil an option to play him in behind.

Bellingham can play closer to Kane and benefit from the balls into the box from both sides of the pitch.

Whilst the Swiss might have a lot of movement from their front three, we've got enough defensively to cope with that and their play largely comes with a long ball to their forwards or, if they can, via Xhaka who Rice or Bellingham can look to mark out of the game.

Germany and Italy didn't beat them.
It's football and Switzland are a very good side.
They also drew against Scotland.

I dont assume they are a pushover. But in the grand scheme of things they are weaker than us technically. They are lower seeded. Their results this year mainly consist of draws due to the unadventurous style they play. All we need is the right team spirit and we should beat them 90% of the time.

Play defensive and slow sedate football and we WILL get beat by this Swiss team. They are used to that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.