• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yep, he's going:

Pickford
Walker, Stones, Konsa
Tripper, Mainoo, Rice, Saka
Bellingham, Foden
Kane

Might be a way to just get Bellingham out of Kane's way so they both have a bit of space to do what they need to do.

They also drew against Scotland.

I dont assume they are a pushover. But in the grand scheme of things they are weaker than us technically. They are lower seeded. Their results this year mainly consist of draws due to the unadventurous style they play. All we need is the right team spirit and we should beat them 90% of the time.

Play defensive and slow sedate football and we WILL get beat by this Swiss team. They are used to that.

Fair enough.

But there is of course so many other factors why we can lose this match aside just 'team spirit'

I hope we win, I think we can win but i'm far from certain, this stage of knockout competitions and everything before goes out the window.

Yep, he's going:

Pickford
Walker, Stones, Konsa
Tripper, Mainoo, Rice, Saka
Bellingham, Foden
Kane

Might be a way to just get Bellingham out of Kane's way so they both have a bit of space to do what they need to do.
Replace Trippier for Alxander-Arnold, and I think that's England's best XI/formation at the moment. Be interesting to see whether or not it works in practice.

So potentially..

Pickford

TAA (RWB), Walker, Stones, Konsa, Saka (LWB)
Rice Mainoo
Bellingham Foden
Kane

On paper I don't mind it...if implement correctly.

But this is Southgateball. It'll probably end up with 9 of our players playing around in our own half

My day 20 over here, keep the faith the players will have sorted amongst themselves. Kyle, John and Phil will have been on the blower to Pep for advice.

On current form Akanji v Kane just seems so unfair on poor Harry. Just have to hope for a freak early goal otherwise the 2 most defensive teams left will try to out defend each other for 2 long fucking hours.

Just updated my OP.

I can get on board with 3 at the back if it's something similar to this:

I'd go with:
--------------Pickford
-------Walker---Stones---Konsa
TAA-----Wharton---Rice----Saka
-------Foden---Kane---Gordon

Southgate will play Bellingham and Mainoo over Gordon and Wharton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.