England v Switzerland - Sat 6th July, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Quarter-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think some people struggle to separate their club allegiances. Add the fact saka and Bellingham have had better tournaments then foden it’s made some posters feel a bit defensive imo

That could well be the case. I don't think there is one player though who has been a standout for England. Everyone has been below average and hasn't pulled up any trees.

To reach the semis and play like this I won't complain, but the football has been poor. If we can get this far playing mediocre I'd like to see what we can do playing well. If that can happen!!

Roll on the next game

We have had one easy mother fucking draw again ain't we?

We have but you still have to beat who is in front of you by hook or by crook

that's one final, two semi-finals and one quarter final in the last four tournaments, with a possibility of turning one of those semi's into another final.

But I'm still expecting the typical to happen.... we will scrape past the teams we probably should and lose to the first serious outfit we come up against

Saka gets criticism by some on here as being a 'one trick pony' but what you saw today is a typical Saka Arsenal performance- never really lights it up but always seems to come up with one decisive contribution each match. He just seems to grind something out always.

Rice is nothing like the Arsenal Rice though - he's been so negative for England, passing backwards and sideways all the time.

Re Foden - I get the feeling he's the kind of player who is a bit shy and needs to feel comfortable in his surroundings. I reckon Pep does a great job of building him up and he probably isn't getting the same love in the England camp. He did OK today but if we get to the final vs Spain or France we'll need Foden to play like he does for Man City to have a chance of winning. Foden needs to be in the team, but he also needs to grab the game by the neck and be the decisive player we know he is. A peak Foden is unplayable and Southgate needs to keep him in the team and hope we see that player.

Wasn't long ago Foden cutting in from the right and hammering barnstormers into the top left corner was a fairly regular thing.
I've a hunch that Phil will hit a screamer in the top corner in the semi and everyone will be all over it, he's a lot more comfortable in a 10 role but been a bit too conservative, I can see his confidence raising as this tournament goes on. The big stage awaits for him !

120 mins of boredom after the previous 120 mins of boredom. Expecting another 120 mins of boredom in the semi and a crushing defeat in the final against Spain. This is a real Southgate masterclass. He is actually making people believe that if they go through this shitfest game after game, there will be a happy ending. There is no light at the end of this tunnel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.