England v Switzerland - Sat 6th July, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Quarter-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thought we played much better, however the fact remains it still took us until the 80th minute to register a shot on target.

And central to that is Kane. We just don't have a focal point up front as he continually drops deep leaving zero outlet. Toney did more in 15 minutes than Kane did in 105.

If Southgate has got some balls he needs to drop him on Wednesday

They were much better tonight. They seemed to play quite well in a few 5 or 10 min spells, then revert to dropping deep and being under pressure again. They probably played best after going behind and putting the 3 subs on, and having a bit of a go.

Into a semi though & if they improve again, then they might just hit top form at the right time.

The pens were all top quality.

No doubt there is some blue bias.

Both Bellingham and Saka have had good moments in matches.Poor ones too.

Still waiting for Phil to really light it up.
He's not as selfish as Bellingham.

Thought Phil had his best game tonight so far.

I think there's something else behind it.
The general sense, as City fans, of being under siege from the rest of the country, of being constantly told by know-nothings down the pub that we're “oil cheats” and that we're going to get ours. I think it's built up a defensiveness that's made it hard to be generous with England's players (because we think of the clubs they've come from, and then the people who support those clubs).
I deplore that. But I do understand it to some extent.

I'm hoping England and France both draw their next games 0-0 and win on penalties, might end up being the worst final ever on paper when you consider their routes to the final

Would be funny but arid viewing

Saka gets criticism by some on here as being a 'one trick pony' but what you saw today is a typical Saka Arsenal performance- never really lights it up but always seems to come up with one decisive contribution each match. He just seems to grind something out always.

Rice is nothing like the Arsenal Rice though - he's been so negative for England, passing backwards and sideways all the time.

Re Foden - I get the feeling he's the kind of player who is a bit shy and needs to feel comfortable in his surroundings. I reckon Pep does a great job of building him up and he probably isn't getting the same love in the England camp. He did OK today but if we get to the final vs Spain or France we'll need Foden to play like he does for Man City to have a chance of winning. Foden needs to be in the team, but he also needs to grab the game by the neck and be the decisive player we know he is. A peak Foden is unplayable and Southgate needs to keep him in the team and hope we see that player.

Wasn't long ago Foden cutting in from the right and hammering barnstormers into the top left corner was a fairly regular thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.