England v Switzerland - Sat 6th July, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Quarter-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When did I blame Southgate for the draw?

I'll give you a clue I didn't.
OK take away the Southgate bit, even though that's clearly what you were getting at. We have had a 'easy mother fucking draw' because France and Belgium couldn't win their group. Or would it still have been an easy draw if they did?

OK take away the Southgate bit, even though that's clearly what you were getting at. We have had a 'easy mother fucking draw' because France and Belgium couldn't win their group. Or would it still have been an easy draw if they did?
Not sure why you are trying to complicate things, we have had an easy draw like the last few tournaments. So waistcoat has had easy draws because he was the manager. I blame Southgate for being shit not the draws.

Tis that simple.

One win in Five in 90 minutes. And he's in the last Four. Start a league season like that and you'd be about Ninth.

Portugal won it without winning a group game

France could get to the final and not have a player of their own score in open play

Tournament football over a month long period is a different kettle of fish. A lot more luck involved.

Profile_-_Known-Regular_Rex-An_T-Rex_of_Toy_Story_0004.jpg

Pictured: Jordan Pickford Celebrates After Sealing Shootout Glory

Talk about unlikely heroes - it's like the ending to Toy Story 2 all over again!

Not sure why you are trying to complicate things, we have had an easy draw like the last few tournaments. So waistcoat has had easy draws because he was the manager. I blame Southgate for being shit not the draws.

Tis that simple.
Not complicating anything. At start of tournament if everything went as people would have expected, it wouldn't have been an easy draw.

He actually played well today. For me one of three players who did (Foden, Saka, Mainoo).

Was he as brilliant as he regularly is for City? No.

But he also doesn’t have anywhere near the same level of team around him or a decent manager, and it was the first time playing in the setup on the tournament. It doesn’t help that many of the players around him play for themselves, not the team, which is completely different to what Phil is used to at club level, where performances like that would get you benched in a hurry.

And, once more, his teammates were largely either afraid to give him the ball in dangerous positions or, in the case of Bellingham, seemingly refused to do so for their own reasons. I lost count the number of times Phil was calling for the ball in space and was ignored. It happens with Rice, Saka, Mainoo, Bellingham, and Konsa. Only Stones, Walker, and Kane even tried. I spoke earlier in the thread about why I think that is (mostly because they haven’t played with him enough to be confident he is going to make something happen or recycle possession, rather than lose the ball, if they do). And I don’t think the way Bellingham plays in that same position helps (they have seen how bad playing a ball to him with his back to goal on the edge of the opposition box can go).

Beyond all that, he was one of the few players with any composure on the ball and was directing players as to what to do with the ball throughout the match. He was the one actually running the game, while Kane and Bellingham ambled around the box, and Rice hid away. Mainoo and Saka were the other ones consistently contributing.

I really don’t understand where the “Foden had a poor game” analysis is coming from, especially compared to his attacking partners.
Spot on.There was one moment where he played a one two with Bellingham, but as usual the 2 never arrived as the greedy bastard tried to set himself for a shot and lost the ball !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.