England v Switzerland - Sat 6th July, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Quarter-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s funny how pundits still regard international football as the pinnacle whereas in reality is so far below club football.

Keep mentioning “at this level”. Has been the level since mid 90s.
Sheffield United would beat most national teams in 8 out of 10 matches.

That is the level of international football, because most managers are substandard (otherwise they would be coaching club sides) and team cohesion and unified tactics are marginal at best.

Only when national teams have been comprised of players that come from mostly one or two clubs that play in the same domestic league have we seen anything approaching club-level quality of football.

With Shaw not being fit, there's not a lot of experienced alternatives. Only the Nottingham river could step in, but you'd have the same issue, a right footer playing at LB. Dunk at LB; I don't think so. Looking at the bench, there's not that many defenders on there; river, Shaw and Dunk.
Saka can play wide left in a midfield 4 with Palmer on the right.

We, and I use that loosely :), already have 5 defensive minded players in Walker, Stones, Konsa, Rice and ManU. That's more than enough.

Having Saka left of Rice and Palmer On Mainoo's right. But hey, Southgate knows more than I do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.