England v Switzerland - Sat 6th July, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Quarter-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think they have created a few chances. And Phil has generally run the show without making that many, because most seem to refuse to play the ball to him with his back to goal on the edge of the box, which is where he is most dangerous.

I think they have been our best players, with Phil being the most composed overall.
I wanted to say that I think most of the refusal to pass to Phil in the spaces we know he is most dangerous in is due to the non-City players not having played with him enough to build that trust that he is going to do the right thing and not lose the ball.

He gets the ball with City because everyone believes he is going to make something happen or, if it is not on, successfully recycle the ball to retain possession. That has come from seeing him do it over, and over, and over again.

But for the likes of Saka, Rice, or Mainoo, or even Konsa, they are very hesitant to do it because most of them don’t play at club level with players that play at such a high level in those spaces, so their natural instinct is to see that as a dangerous pass.

The only exception to that is Bellingham, who seems to be just a selfish twat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.