England v Ukraine - Sun 26th March 2023, 17:00

Maddison starting on the left, Foden and Grealish on the bench according to the Telegraph.

Southgate point blank refusing to play his best player will never cease to amaze me. Only brought him into the side at the Euros because he was bullied into it by the press.

You have a 2 time PFA YPOTY, 4 time Premier League winner, a key player for the best team in world football over the last 3 years. He can play a variety of positions, he scores goals, creates, carries the ball beautifully, knows how to press... and you're using him as a rotation option. When Sterling is fit he'll be even further down the pecking order.

Phil Foden could play for any team in world football. There isn't a single manager that wouldn't love to have him in their side.

Except Southgate.
Doesn’t surprise me. Southgate may have produced a unified squad, but that’s it. Tactically useless, judgement poor.
”Foden can’t play in the middle, he doesn’t play there for his club.”
Apparently he can’t play on the left either, unless Madison is injured.
Jeez.

Last edited:
This, i dont know why people want our players flogged by incompetent national managers , bet john comes back injured again as it is
I agree from a City pov, but it calls into question Southgate’s judgement.

I agree from a City pov, but it calls into question Southgate’s judgement.
We already know he is a twat though, my only concern is we get players back from him injured routinely , same goes for other nationall managers , the training is different , style of play is different , both put a strain on the body , hate these international breaks

Sucks for Phil on a personal level but selfishly I'm not mad that he comes back fresh and with a little chip on his shoulder.

Maddison starting on the left, Foden and Grealish on the bench according to the Telegraph.

Southgate point blank refusing to play his best player will never cease to amaze me. Only brought him into the side at the Euros because he was bullied into it by the press.

You have a 2 time PFA YPOTY, 4 time Premier League winner, a key player for the best team in world football over the last 3 years. He can play a variety of positions, he scores goals, creates, carries the ball beautifully, knows how to press... and you're using him as a rotation option. When Sterling is fit he'll be even further down the pecking order.

Phil Foden could play for any team in world football. There isn't a single manager that wouldn't love to have him in their side.

Except Southgate.
If that is correct,would probably suggest to me that it’s nothing to do with foden’s footballing ability and more to do with Southgate just doesn’t like Phil personally.

Tbh I’m glad he’s on the bench, Jack too. Big game coming up.
I get that, but I'm more concerned with how it affects Phil's morale. Top players want to play - they don't want to be passed over for no good reason, even at international level. Phil should be a star for club and country, but he isn't because Southgate doesn't fancy him.

It's hard to play with real confidence and swagger when you've spent the international break getting splinters in your arse watching inferior players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.