England Vs Poland - Match Thread

Re: England versus Poland - Your Prediction

Caveman said:
samharris said:
History has a habit of repeating its self!!

poland win..woy out ,scum players seen for what they are... second rate..
Welbeck, granted. But the only other two United players who will get near that pitch tomorrow are their second and third best players (Rooney and Carrick). It's hardly a team made up of them, by any stretch.

-- Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:05 am --

Poland aren't as good as Montenegro. Although Mont' had a few players missing the other night so i'd probably rate them around as good as Mont' were on Friday. Outside of Piszcek Błaszczykowski and Lewandowski they've got some very poor players in the rest of their squad.

The game will be higher pressure and Poland will be trying hard to stop us qualifying (although they don't like Ukraine much!) so i reckon a tough 2-0 or 3-1 win if it goes well or a one goal win if we don't play well.

Talkin generally fella.. the likes of zidane,jones,young,smalling,Zaha. etc...all have had games under woy..and shouldnt have..

Best England can hope for is a score draw, as I don't think we will keep a clean sheet with Polands' strike force. I can't see us scoring two or three thst will probably be neede to beat them. imho

Super David Silva 21 said:
20,000 Polish fans there tomorrow, 30% of the attendence will be an away support in one of our most crucial games since i can remember.

good-job.gif

fucking joke

to be fair you people who claim to be england fans are the joke. how about these amazing england followers getting there arse down to the game? that way the fa wouldn't of had any option than to give the polish there usual allocation. no interest and empty seats or as the fa look at it, a full stadium and more money. and as if the fans are going to make a difference to the score line. if england are good enough they will win regardless of how many home or away fans are there. take cov as an example this season, there doing ok at 'home' when there seems to be more away fans than home. if you're good enough you'll win, simple

England will be going to Brazil next year . I think England have a good manager in Roy Hodgson . Lets face it he did a good job with Switzerland in the 90s .To me he sets his teams out not to lose . No bad thing in my book .

mcfc1894 said:
Super David Silva 21 said:
20,000 Polish fans there tomorrow, 30% of the attendence will be an away support in one of our most crucial games since i can remember.

good-job.gif

fucking joke

to be fair you people who claim to be england fans are the joke. how about these amazing england followers getting there arse down to the game? that way the fa wouldn't of had any option than to give the polish there usual allocation. no interest and empty seats or as the fa look at it, a full stadium and more money. and as if the fans are going to make a difference to the score line. if england are good enough they will win regardless of how many home or away fans are there. take cov as an example this season, there doing ok at 'home' when there seems to be more away fans than home. if you're good enough you'll win, simple

I'm England but not hard core. Got a few mates who do the World Cups and will go to Brazil.

I don't think the issue was whether they would sell the tickets. There was a huge demand from indiginous Poles apparently. The authorities and Police were worried they would end up with tickets in England or mixed areas and mayhem would ensue.

Don't know if you know any Polish nutters but quite a significant proportion are big, hard f*ckers.

baildon blue said:
England will be going to Brazil next year . I think England have a good manager in Roy Hodgson . Lets face it he did a good job with Switzerland in the 90s .To me he sets his teams out not to lose . No bad thing in my book .

He does seperate opinion does Roy.

I personally feel with the players England have got he is far too pragmatic, we all see the England boys every week in the Premiership and know that given the right system and team selection we could play more attractive football, take more risks and win playing the correct way.

I am not saying we will become world beaters, but we will play more entertaining football and look more of a threat to the bigger teams, we don't use our potential is what I am saying.

Roy for me doesn't take risks, Townsend was billed the other night as his biggest risk as England manager, is that for real?? He should be of been in the team anyway, we need goals and an additional attacking threat.

England have a decent team, not amazing, but we have a good team. We have arguably two 20+ goal a season strikers up front in Rooney and Sturridge, a good set of wingers in Walcott, Townsend, Chamberlain etc.. one of the best young midfielders in Europe in Wilshire, one of the best goal scoring mids in Europe in Lampard, one of the best long range passers in Europe in Gerrard, two of the best left backs in Europe, one of the best goalkeepers, and a good set of youth coming through in the likes of Barkley and Morrison etc..

I think we could play better football than we currently are doing and with that looking more of a threat to the big teams of world football, but Roy comes accross to me like he is scared of every decent opponent we face and therefore plays too cautiously just to make sure we don't looks a bunch of fools.

Modern football is all about the risk factor if you ask me, and for me we don't seem to offer the threat we should be offering with the players we have because the manager sets the team up too defensive.

Not my type of manager personally, I would want us playing to our attacking potential.

Pressure of the England managers job I suppose.

THFC6061 said:
England caps won under Roy Hodgson ahead of tomorrow's match v Poland...

P0351_zps2e88d9f1.png

...50 different players have been used so far by Roy Hodgson with Tottenham's Andros Townsend the latest to win a full England cap.

For a manager who "only picks rags" he's making a bad job of it.

Good manager, 3-1, Brazil here we come.

The FA are more of a joke than they ever were. England could have easily filled the stadium by themselves, but 9000 for away fans allocation is what they are entitled to. The smart Alec's at the FA thought it would be genius to double it incase polish fans bought home seating tickets too. So it's apparently come under health and safety.

I'm thinking 18k away fans and another 5k spread out.

It's bad enough there isn't enough atmosphere at wembley already. Poland fans will be right up for it and drive their team on

The only bit that makes me feel england will do it is the confidence from the last match.

Hodgson mustn't fall to the media and drop hart for a crucial game. Mclaren did it with Robinson for Scott Carson that was the nail in the coffin

I'm thinking 3-1 but I wouldn't be shocked if something bad happened

I find it very amusing all this worry about 18000 poles in an 80000 person stadium. You should have seen US "home" qualifying before we got smart and started playing in small cities and not the likes of LA, Chicago and NYC. Easily 75/25 "away" fans. Pre 2010 the US never had home matches.

Anyway, there will be a defensive blunder first half that will be blamed on Joe. You'll be down 0-1 at the half then win 3-1 full time. Hodgson in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.