England wasting one of the most talented squads ever assembled on Southgate

I think the thing with Sterling is that he managed to keep his place in the team - not just the squad - for a long time when he wasn't playing much/well at City. Then having come back into decent form, and knowing how loyal Southgate has been to others - too numerous to mention - who've either hardly played for their clubs or played shit, it's very surprising that Sterling is continually getting the cold shoulder.
I couldn't be arsed about him personally, but, I do think that he's being treated very differently to other long serving members of what was Southgate's 1st 11.
Bingo.

Moan moan moan, go mad when the England squad is announced. Rinse/repeat with any manager in charge.
Go mad??!! What a weird assumption, lol. We all know you're Gareths little brother. But you need to get used to the fact that the vast majority of football fans think he's way out of his depth. Just chill abit.

Rashford has been really poor for United this season but has been very good for England in his last few games, and this time last year he was scoring goals just about every week. If he doesn't find some form before the Euro's then surely his place has to be under threat from the likes of Bowen and Gordon, but he's still a great option to have on the bench.

When you say very good what are you basing that on ? Pub teams ?

Southgate has told Ramsdale that he can't guarantee him a place in the Euro squad if he remains on the bench. Presumably because he's not one of the waistcoats favourites like Maguire, Philips or Henderson who plays in a pub league these days, but all guaranteed a squad place.

Southgate has told Ramsdale that he can't guarantee him a place in the Euro squad if he remains on the bench. Presumably because he's not one of the waistcoats favourites like Maguire, Philips or Henderson who plays in a pub league these days, but all guaranteed a squad place.

Yes, shock. England Manager wants some experience in his squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.