England,world cup,youre avin a larf???

clairepartyring

Does anybody else agree with me that England have not got a cat in hells chance of lifting the world cup in S.Africa?
There is no way we can do it without a world class keeper which we havent got, a defence with a leader whos mind is not on football at the moment, Mathew Upson, nowhere near good enough at that level. The foward line, well we have Rooney and that is it.Crouch,Defoe,Bent etc absolute garbage.
I would sincerly hope we go a long way but dont be suprised if we dont make it through the first stages,ignore the Usa at your peril and Algeria are no mugs.

Sorry for sounding pessimistic but i feel we are in for a shock.

I will be supporting Spain and that is coming from a patriotic englishman.

I've been saying it for months.

We haven't got a decent keeper, never mind a world class one.

Our two first choice centre halves are having a nightmare season.

Our first choice left back and right back can't defend.

We have no left or right side midfielders of any note.

Our supposed best two centre midfield players can't play together.

We're struggling to find a striking partner for Rooney

But apart from that we stand a good chance

Really though, England will progress through the group, albeit with a struggle because of the travelling, but as soon as they come up against anyone classy they'll be destroyed.
My prediction...Last eight.

But Crouch has an excellent scoring record for England , his ratio is as good as Rooneys , if not better ...... both have scored more goals for England than Messi has for Argentina .......... and Defoe is one of the Premierships best finishers , and he has a ratio of a goal roughly every three games for England.

As we could yet find out when Spurs visit COMS!

clairepartyring said:
Does anybody else agree with me that England have not got a cat in hells chance of lifting the world cup in S.Africa?
There is no way we can do it without a world class keeper which we havent got, a defence with a leader whos mind is not on football at the moment, Mathew Upson, nowhere near good enough at that level. The foward line, well we have Rooney and that is it.Crouch,Defoe,Bent etc absolute garbage.
I would sincerly hope we go a long way but dont be suprised if we dont make it through the first stages,ignore the Usa at your peril and Algeria are no mugs.

Sorry for sounding pessimistic but i feel we are in for a shock.
100% this :(

i said it ages ago we dont stand a chance am not arsed anyways tbh
more interested in watching spain , argentina & brazil

Immaculate Pasta said:
I will be supporting Spain and that is coming from a patriotic englishman.

contradiction in terms right there my good man. why start a thread on something that isn't happening for 2 months?? if you want england to lose, don't watch. i will have a fridge full of lager, the barbecue will be getting fired up daily and i'll be devastated when england go out. does that make me sad because i want my country to do well rather than a country i have fuck all connection with??
if i said i can't see city doing anything next season so i'm off to support barcelona, i would be harangued off this forum. just wait while it starts and all these doom-mongers will be in the boozers cheering for the three lions.

I hate the close season with a passion so the world cup makes it slightly more bearable, however England do have a great record of cocking things up even so I thnk we should make the semis. I feel Argentina will be worth an outside bet

How an Englishman can not support England is beyond me and faintly embarrassing.

I don't think we'll win but I think we've got a chance. I think we're a good side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.