England,world cup,youre avin a larf???

TheMightyQuinn said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
Oh i'll support them but i won't go overboard IF we win and i won't be arsed one bit WHEN we go out. I'd celebrate a Tevez winner against England.

I'd feel dirty and a hipocrite if i chose to celebrate a Rooney goal, or a Gerrard dive to win a winning pen.

Plus added to the fact that youth development in this country is a joke and this country could of produced better players than it is doing now if the coaching wasn't so backward that i will be supporting a country that is the total opposite of that in Spain.

England fans remind me too much of rags for me to take seriously.

Also I hate all the southern accents chanting together, I hate the theme from the great fucking escape and I hate the fact that if we did win it then a load of dicks who've never watched 90mins on ITV let alone live will be wanking around town in their shirts and flags and acting like it's fucking D-Day again or something.

Summer is for perving on girls and getting high. Not for talking to hairy arsed part time supporters about how amazing - ROOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEY THE WHITE PELE, THE GREATEST MAN SINCE DARWIN, THE SECOND COMING OF DUNCAN EDWARDS, THE GENIUS, THE FAT FUCKING ARSEHOLE - is.

Didsbury Dave June 2010 ;-)

_41834810_chesthair416.jpg

Immaculate Pasta said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
England fans remind me too much of rags for me to take seriously.

Also I hate all the southern accents chanting together, I hate the theme from the great fucking escape and I hate the fact that if we did win it then a load of dicks who've never watched 90mins on ITV let alone live will be wanking around town in their shirts and flags and acting like it's fucking D-Day again or something.

Summer is for perving on girls and getting high. Not for talking to hairy arsed part time supporters about how amazing - ROOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEY THE WHITE PELE, THE GREATEST MAN SINCE DARWIN, THE SECOND COMING OF DUNCAN EDWARDS, THE GENIUS, THE FAT FUCKING ARSEHOLE - is.

I've no beef with Dave but yeah that's how a view your typical England fan. Later that night I'm quite sure he drank 1 too many Belgian lagers and stabbed a kebab shop owner before pissing all over the floor.

Obviously not all England fans are like that but in my experience they are. Indeed, I'd put your World Cup Soccer Bonanza England fans lower on the evolutionary scale of armchair rags.<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:04 pm --<br /><br />Lol just to clarify, nothing I said in my last post is relevant to DD so no one get touchy or I'll be handing out slaps.

TheMightyQuinn said:
Immaculate Pasta said:

I've no beef with Dave but yeah that's how a view your typical England fan. Later that night I'm quite sure he drank 1 too many Belgian lagers and stabbed a kebab shop owner before pissing all over the floor.

Obviously not all England fans are like that but in my experience they are. Indeed, I'd put your World Cup Soccer Bonanza England fans lower on the evolutionary scale of armchair rags.

No beef? You're a skiny, long haired lanky student streak of piss.

You should be woop wooping!

I'd love nothing more than to give my country 100% backing, but to be quite honest, with fuckwits like Rooney, Ferdinand and Terry in the side I just cannot push myself to cheer them on.
I am absolutely dreading the summer love-in with all things Rooney: he's held up as some kind national hero but he's nothing of the kind, he's a lying, cheating fat prick who plays for a side that represents everything that is bad about modern football.

To me, in all honesty, the World Cup is going to be nothing more than an over-hyped little tournament where fat Shrek's every single movement will be analysed by the fucking rag-loving media and force-fed down the throats of a nation.

Nah, for the first time in my entire life I'm totally indifferent to England and the World Cup.
Never ever thought I'd live to see the day when I felt like this but it's absolutely true.

We have a decent team, but not good enough to lift the world cup.

Brazil, Spain, Germany, Argentina (even though they were shit in the quals) even Italy and France are no push overs. I think if we come up against one of them we would struggle.

For me I'm gonna go for the Darkhorses in Germany to win it. They always do really well in the Euros and WC.

So the truth is, some of you are such bitter blues that you can't support England because United players play for them? Or you feel they remind you of United because they attract armchair/casual fans.

I love City and I like England, there's no comparison, but I support England, or GB, at anything. Not coz I'm a lager lout or a little Englander.

I just do. I was brought up to.

I remember the whole family celebrating Bucks Fizzes success in the Eurovision. I remeber Seb Coe and Steve Ovett and Torvill and Bloody Dean.

I remeber Bryan Robson's dislocated shoulder and Maradona's handball.

In our house you were brought up to support your own. It's just instinctive.

I guess England is too big or something...or maybe the PL is too big, I dunno. Where I'm from, Sweden, EVERYONE who's even remotely interested in football and even others as well support the Sweden team. We know that we stand no chance of winning it, but we also know it's football and that anything can happen, like in 94 when we came from nowhere to win the bronze (albeit we did have an absolute world class keeper back then in Ravelli). Sadly we missed this tournament and I'm absolutely gutted, but we'll be back.

Bit sad if you don't have that anyway, because the national team is something almost everyone can gather round.

Anyway, I don't think England stand much chance either, and I won't be having them as 'my' team despite of all the city players. :) Also I'm not sure how the politics will affect the games - how is England and Britain viewed in SA these days? I just have a feeling that not many outside the stadiums will want England to win, but maybe I'm wrong.<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:51 pm --<br /><br />By the way, my dark horse for this tournament is The Netherlands...although I'm not sure about the politics there either...will the Boers cheer and the ethnic South Africans boo? I don't know enough. :)

England comprises primarily of players I hate. Therefore I hope they all lose. A successful tournament for me is one where no City players get injured.

City > England

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.