England,world cup,youre avin a larf???

Crouch & Defoe Garbage? I think you will find Crouch has been bagging quite a few goals for england as has Defoe.....

Didsbury Dave said:
How an Englishman can not support England is beyond me and faintly embarrassing.

I don't think we'll win but I think we've got a chance. I think we're a good side.

spoken like a true hero. this is my thoughts exactly. i know we won't win and some players do my head in and there are better teams but can you not say all that about both city and england?? it is simply fashionable these days to not back england and quite frankly it is pathetic.

The Pink Panther said:
I've been saying it for months.

We haven't got a decent keeper, never mind a world class one.

Our two first choice centre halves are having a nightmare season.

Our first choice left back and right back can't defend.

We have no left or right side midfielders of any note.

Our supposed best two centre midfield players can't play together.

We're struggling to find a striking partner for Rooney

But apart from that we stand a good chance

Really though, England will progress through the group, albeit with a struggle because of the travelling, but as soon as they come up against anyone classy they'll be destroyed.
My prediction...Last eight.

see my view on this is that,
i agree on the keeper situation...brazil won it in 2002 with a naff keeper though.

centre backs i agree on, can't argue with that.

full backs i disagree on - look at carlos and cafu, if they have the ball for 80% of the time they dont need to defend, neither of them was great but the team held the ball, its not the issue about our full backs not bein able to defend, the issue is we don't keep possession well enough.

another major gripe from me is that we are searching for a partner for rooney...he may well be england's best forward but personally i think if he was injured we would probably find a partnership (maybe crouch and defoe) and this may help us break teams down easier, rather than just lump expectation and pressure on rooney to beat teams on his own.

the team is just full of reputations and people thinking that capello is strong enough to leave players out in order to win games is wrong, he won't ever drop certain players as there would be uproar from the public.

if i was him i would stick rooney out wide and play 2 other strikers, gerrard right wing, both have played there before and are comfortable there

citykev28 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
How an Englishman can not support England is beyond me and faintly embarrassing.

I don't think we'll win but I think we've got a chance. I think we're a good side.

spoken like a true hero. this is my thoughts exactly. i know we won't win and some players do my head in and there are better teams but can you not say all that about both city and england?? it is simply fashionable these days to not back england and quite frankly it is pathetic.

As an aside, I was once in Monteray, Mexico for a wedding. I staye dthere for a week. One night we went to a BBQ in this bloody shanty town where a few of us English were guests of honour. they treated us superbly.

When the drink was flowing the only entertainment was singing.

After a few songs, the Mexicans sang their anthem to us and them were saying "Come on, sing yours".

It was all very friendly and a really nice evening.

At this point I was going "right, come on" and started singing God Save the Queen.

The other lads there said "I'm not singing that" and had a big debate about what we should sing. They settled on Jerusalem. But noone knew the words. So they started to write them down. By which point the Mexicans had got bemused, the vibe was gone and the evening moved on.

I was ashamed of these supposed "Englishmen".

Didsbury Dave said:

Quite simple really, Dave.

I refuse to watch Rooney spitting and diving his way through an entire tournament. I resent the fact Phil Neville once captained England yet I've not so much as 1 international cap.

All the World Cup means to me is that idiots who don't like football, mostly rags weirdly enough, start to drape the flag over their body, cars and houses and attempt to talk tactics using soundbites from The Sun.

The press say we'll win so when we get knocked out by a real side our 'fans' at home get angry, drape the flag over their tubby bodies and go and burn down the nearest kind of take away that matches the country who knocked England out.

You can keep it.

The England team has a long way to go before people like me can even begin to contemplate following them.

A nice start would be too remove all the rags from the squad, you know the lads who have played 1 game for the rags and have 500 caps, and perhaps give some other, less glamorous players a shot.

It won't happen though.

International football means as much to me as reading about the WAGS all through the tournament does. In fact, I'd rather do that, at least the pictures are pleasant and not some pea headed scouse twat with a scowl on his fat fucking cheating face.

So yeah, that's me.

Here's my appraisal on England. Will be very difficult to beat. Always are.

82 Unbeaten.
86 Beaten by winners QF
90 Beaten by winners SF (pens)

98 Beaten R16 (pens)
02 Beaten by winners QF
06 Beaten QF (pens).

Greece & Denmark in Euros have proved that with good organisation anything is possible. Anyone saying we can't win is pretty foolish imo. We have a manager better than any who managed the teams listed above.

Two favs (Brazil & Spain) have to play each other. Argentina have a great squad, if Maradona can get them to gel, they'll take some stopping. After those three, I don't think England have anyone to fear.

Qualified at a canter. Not saying we'll win it, but should reach QF, then it's game on.

Didsbury Dave said:

Oh i'll support them but i won't go overboard IF we win and i won't be arsed one bit WHEN we go out. I'd celebrate a Tevez winner against England.

I'd feel dirty and a hipocrite if i chose to celebrate a Rooney goal, or a Gerrard dive to win a winning pen.

Plus added to the fact that youth development in this country is a joke and this country could of produced better players than it is doing now if the coaching wasn't so backward that i will be supporting a country that is the total opposite of that in Spain.

Have faith ......

those foreigners won't like it up em'!

15oure1.jpg

nwd82f.jpg

Immaculate Pasta said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Oh i'll support them but i won't go overboard IF we win and i won't be arsed one bit WHEN we go out. I'd celebrate a Tevez winner against England.

I'd feel dirty and a hipocrite if i chose to celebrate a Rooney goal, or a Gerrard dive to win a winning pen.

Plus added to the fact that youth development in this country is a joke and this country could of produced better players than it is doing now if the coaching wasn't so backward that i will be supporting a country that is the total opposite of that in Spain.

England fans remind me too much of rags for me to take seriously.

Also I hate all the southern accents chanting together, I hate the theme from the great fucking escape and I hate the fact that if we did win it then a load of dicks who've never watched 90mins on ITV let alone live will be wanking around town in their shirts and flags and acting like it's fucking D-Day again or something.

Summer is for perving on girls and getting high. Not for talking to hairy arsed part time supporters about how amazing - ROOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEY THE WHITE PELE, THE GREATEST MAN SINCE DARWIN, THE SECOND COMING OF DUNCAN EDWARDS, THE GENIUS, THE FAT FUCKING ARSEHOLE - is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.