England's best 11?

As well as the lack of quality next to Stones and at left-back (and potentially goalkeeper, but to be fair Pickford has been pretty solid for England over the last few tournaments), I still feel like we're missing a central midfielder who can control the tempo of the game.

We led in both the World Cup Semi in 2018 and the Euros Final in 2021 but we couldn't see the lead out as we weren't able to control possession and manage the ball properly.

Bellingham is excellent but much more in the dynamic box-to-box mould than the patient controller. Rice is great at recovering the ball and also good at carrying it forward, but not suited to taking passes under pressure and recycling the ball in the middle of the park.

We need a Gündy or a David Silva or a Modrič-type. Foden may yet grow into that, but right now he's more of a 10 than anything because his natural instinct is to attack rather than contain.

I know this is about peoples opinions but the reality of southgate picking grealish and foden together is wishful thinking

Not a chance . Southgate has no clue whatsoever what to do with them

Honestly, Luke Shaw is a lot better than Ben Chilwell.

Pickford

Walker ----- Stones ----- Dunk --------- Shaw

---- Rice ----- Bellingham

--- Saka --------- Foden -------- Grealish

Kane​
That’s some team…. Which Southgate will never pick

I didn't know there was games coming up, fifa are a fucking disgrace, they hold a world cup midseason and want international breaks all the way through the season and even more after the season, its about time clubs told the national teams to fuck off.

Honestly, Luke Shaw is a lot better than Ben Chilwell.

Pickford

Walker ----- Stones ----- Dunk --------- Shaw

---- Rice ----- Bellingham

--- Saka --------- Foden -------- Grealish

Kane​
The only changes I would make is Pope for Pickford. I just find it hard to pick a goalkeeper that's been fighting to survive in the Premier League for 2 years.

Pope I feel is a better option and he's only conceded 32 goals (Same as us) all season. Also Pope is taller and more bigger which makes it harder for strikers to score 1 and 1s.

The only changes I would make is Pope for Pickford. I just find it hard to pick a goalkeeper that's been fighting to survive in the Premier League for 2 years.

Pope I feel is a better option and he's only conceded 32 goals (Same as us) all season. Also Pope is taller and more bigger which makes it harder for strikers to score 1 and 1s.

Thought I'd try and do an England XI based around City and Brighton mainly as there's a shared philosophy which should make the team blend fairly well without massive amounts of time to train together.

Steele

Walker
Stones
Dunk

Rice
Phillips

Saka
Lewis
Foden
Grealish

Kane

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.