English bull terrier owners,

blue dallas said:
how many google reports of english bulls attacking toddlers have you dug up ?

I am aware of two attacks. One resulted in the death of old man in Bolton - my home town. The other was a young girl who was attacked in Nantwich in earlier this year - noted because I have friend who lives there and told me about it.

The husky ones you mention are in North America.

I said that I wouldn't leave my little girl alone with my Huskys. That suggests that I am aware that even a dog like a Husky may turn. I haven't heard of anything involving a Husky attacking anyone around here. But, at the end of the day all dogs have the potential to turn.
No dog is safe with a child - anyone who believes that has the potential for a serious incident on their hands.

I'm sure that you love your dogs very much, as I do mine.
We're not going to change each others opinions are we?

Shall we leave it at that - otherwise we'll fall out about dogs on a site that's supposed to be about city!

;-)

daveduke67 said:
blue dallas said:
how many google reports of english bulls attacking toddlers have you dug up ?

I am aware of two attacks. One resulted in the death of old man in Bolton - my home town. The other was a young girl who was attacked in Nantwich in earlier this year - noted because I have friend who lives there and told me about it.

The husky ones you mention are in North America.

I said that I wouldn't leave my little girl alone with my Huskys. That suggests that I am aware that even a dog like a Husky may turn. I haven't heard of anything involving a Husky attacking anyone around here. But, at the end of the day all dogs have the potential to turn.
No dog is safe with a child - anyone who believes that has the potential for a serious incident on their hands.

I'm sure that you love your dogs very much, as I do mine.
We're not going to change each others opinions are we?

Shall we leave it at that - otherwise we'll fall out about dogs on a site that's supposed to be about city!

;-)
non on 'GOOGLE' about ebt's attacks, several on huskey;s attacking children.

i suggest you get you facts right in future, before you spout off about other dog breeds that you know very little about.

blue dallas said:
non on 'GOOGLE' about ebt's attacks, several on huskey;s attacking children.

i suggest you get you facts right in future, before you spout off about other dog breeds that you know very little about.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&source=hp&q=english+bull+terrier+attacks&aq=0&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=english+bull+terrier+att&gs_rfai=&fp=2790f0351a245477" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&source=h ... 351a245477</a>

One of them is not far from you. The other not far from me.

I think my facts are there on the very first page of googling 'English Bull Terrier Attacks'

I offered an olive branch but you appear to have ignored that and carried on with the disagreement. That's your prerogative.

A lot of this bickering about breeds of dogs is silly. I've had perhaps the most powerful breeds of dog. I've been involved with Dobermans and had a wonderful German Shep. I would never, ever encourage dogs to be vicious but the GSD (German Shep Dog) was the most powerful (yet loyal & gentle dog) ever. It's basically down to the owners and the way they treat & encourage them.

Funnily enough my ex had a rhodesian ridgeback that were bred to fight lions (again another lovely dog) but he didn't have the power and strength of a GSD.

Blue Lloyd said:
A lot of this bickering about breeds of dogs is silly. I've had perhaps the most powerful breeds of dog. I've been involved with Dobermans and had a wonderful German Shep. I would never, ever encourage dogs to be vicious but the GSD (German Shep Dog) was the most powerful (yet loyal & gentle dog) ever. It's basically down to the owners and the way they treat & encourage them.

Funnily enough my ex had a rhodesian ridgeback that were bred to fight lions (again another lovely dog) but he didn't have the power and strength of a GSD.

I went to the rescue centre looking for a Doberman as I'd had one for 13 years and she was wonderful. Was looking for something to guard the house whilst I was at work or out on the bike. A GSD, Akita or similar would have been good. Came away with a Husky. Might as well put a teddy bear on the job!
I agree with the treatment statement but, as with humans, you do get the occassional nutter in any breed - Huskys included.

Del Monte said:
daveduke67 said:
Around here the owners tend to have these type of breeds as a social 'status' symbol - hoody, skinhead and sportswear are the three remaining essentials to complete the look. Add the 'boils under the armpit' walk and that sums up the owners I've seen around here.
Haha. Those are the only type of people I have ever seen walking this dog. It pisses me right off!

The day England where playing Germany, and I cannot believe this, on my way home from the pub, saw the owner (as described in your post) with Stella in hand, dog not on a lead, he had actually spraypainted a St Georges fucking flag on the dog!!! YCMIU!

were you walking through Radcliffe? A lad i know had his two white staffys out on that day and he also sprayed a st georges cross on them. I told him i was gonna paint a yellow and black stripe on my Rotti and bring it out for a scrap.

stonerblue said:
Del Monte said:
Haha. Those are the only type of people I have ever seen walking this dog. It pisses me right off!

The day England where playing Germany, and I cannot believe this, on my way home from the pub, saw the owner (as described in your post) with Stella in hand, dog not on a lead, he had actually spraypainted a St Georges fucking flag on the dog!!! YCMIU!

were you walking through Radcliffe? A lad i know had his two white staffys out on that day and he also sprayed a st georges cross on them. I told him i was gonna paint a yellow and black stripe on my Rotti and bring it out for a scrap.

I know a French guy who had a white Staffie. He just left it white.

daveduke67 said:
stonerblue said:

I know a French guy who had a white Staffie. He just left it white.

Obviously he wasn't a member of the Free French Resistance during WWII then.

daveduke67 said:
Blue Lloyd said:

I went to the rescue centre looking for a Doberman as I'd had one for 13 years and she was wonderful. Was looking for something to guard the house whilst I was at work or out on the bike. A GSD, Akita or similar would have been good. Came away with a Husky. Might as well put a teddy bear on the job!
I agree with the treatment statement but, as with humans, you do get the occassional nutter in any breed - Huskys included.

huskeys include eh !, let me guess just ones which have emigrated to usa and not britain ! what happened to' the free-spirited Siberian Husky'

you changed your tune , your not a member of the liberal party are you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.