english players

blue saturday

As many fans seem to think/hope that Lescott,Rodwell and Richards will be out of the door before long ,how does it affect the home grown quota in the sqaud .Will we be looking at english replacements

I thought that teams could name a maximum of seventeen non home grown players. Not sure what number of players constitutes a squad, though.

Gabriel said:
I thought that teams could name a maximum of seventeen non home grown players. Not sure what number of players constitutes a squad, though.

Think that for the Premier and Champions Leagues the squad has to be no more than 25 players over the age of 21 unlimited number below though.

yeah i thought a squad was 25 and know that home grown doesnt mean born in england.But if we were to get rid of 2/3 home grown squad players we would have to replace by either promoting youngsters or buying home grown s

25 man squad. Minimum of 8 players trained in England for 3 years between the ages of 16 and 21 (Boyata counts, for example) U21 players don't need to be registered to play. Also need 4 players trained at the club for three years between those ages for the CL.
Off the top of my head it is currently:

Hart
Wright
Richards
Lescott
Boyata
Clichy
Milner
Rodwell

Some of the younger players could be registered f course but it would take u squad places. I imagine we will try to bring in some young English players and maybe a few more experienced that are happy to play back-up roles if we do sell.

Rodwell wont go anywhere, but RIchards, Lescott and Barry are all question marks at the moment. We always have an english 3rd choice keeper as it's rarely played squad member so a gimme for homegrown numbers.

also, as pointed out, home grown doesnt equal english. i am sure it wont be any sort of issue ever.

ANewEra... said:
25 man squad. Minimum of 8 players trained in England for 3 years between the ages of 16 and 21 (Boyata counts, for example) U21 players don't need to be registered to play. Also need 4 players trained at the club for three years between those ages for the CL.
Off the top of my head it is currently:

Hart
Wright
Richards
Lescott
Boyata
Clichy
Milner
Rodwell

Some of the younger players could be registered f course but it would take u squad places. I imagine we will try to bring in some young English players and maybe a few more experienced that are happy to play back-up roles if we do sell.

Champions League squad - Only contains 24 as not enough to satisfy homegrown rule

Goalkeepers
1 Hart
30 Pantilimon
48 Lawlor
63 Johansen

Defenders
2 Richards
4 Kompany
5 Zabaleta
6 Lescott
13 Kolarov
22 Clichy
26 Demichelis
33 Nastasić
38 Boyata
51 Drury
54 Kennedy
58 Facey
69 Swan
74 Plummer
88 Leigh

Midfielders
7 Milner
8 Nasri
14 Javi García
15 Jesús Navas
17 Rodwell
21 Silva
25 Fernandinho
42 Y. Touré
52 Huws
53 Henshall
59 Hutton
73 Glendon

Forwards
9 Negredo
10 Džeko
16 Agüero
35 Jovetić
76 Mayifuila
77 Cole

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.