English players

supercrystal7 said:
Saw John Stones against us and he was great. He looks very impressive. Kane has obviously been great.

If I was City would go for Stones and Barkley. Barkley is suffering from being overhyped and now he is being crucified for not being the new Zidane. He is still so talented. Against Liverpool he had moments which showed how immature and raw he was, but then at other times he showed moments of class. He is not ready, but sometimes you have to take a step back to go forward. Barkley could be a CIty player for the next 10 years. A year working and learning from Yaya would do him wonders.

for the amount of money it would take to get Barkley, we are much better trying for Pogba

although I would say his value has plummeted recently

bluechampion7891 said:
supercrystal7 said:
Saw John Stones against us and he was great. He looks very impressive. Kane has obviously been great.

If I was City would go for Stones and Barkley. Barkley is suffering from being overhyped and now he is being crucified for not being the new Zidane. He is still so talented. Against Liverpool he had moments which showed how immature and raw he was, but then at other times he showed moments of class. He is not ready, but sometimes you have to take a step back to go forward. Barkley could be a CIty player for the next 10 years. A year working and learning from Yaya would do him wonders.

for the amount of money it would take to get Barkley, we are much better trying for Pogba

If you can get him that would be great, but I don't think it will be easy. Barkley is there to get his stock has fallen (and consequently his price) and has potential. Barkley is also English which is a bonus.

supercrystal7 said:
bluechampion7891 said:
supercrystal7 said:

If you can get him that would be great, but I don't think it will be easy. Barkley is there to get his stock has fallen (and consequently his price) and has potential. Barkley is also English which is a bonus.

I would not mind him if he costs <25M, but not as first choice

Yeah Pogba unless he wants to come to us it will be very difficult but I'd like to keep hope

bluechampion7891 said:
supercrystal7 said:
bluechampion7891 said:

I would not mind him if he costs <25M, but not as first choice

Yeah Pogba unless he wants to come to us it will be very difficult but I'd like to keep hope

That's what I mean by taking a step back sometimes to go forward. Unless you are Madrid you are probably not going to keep being able to buy the best player in the world. Sometime you have to buy potential. Yes it is a gamble, but it can pay off.

Next season with Barkley playing 70% say of your games you probably won't win the league, but it means you might be able to in the following years.

Will be interesting to see what the club does.

supercrystal7 said:
That's what I mean by taking a step back sometimes to go forward. Unless you are Madrid you are probably not going to keep being able to buy the best player in the world. Sometime you have to buy potential. Yes it is a gamble, but it can pay off.

Next season with Barkley playing 70% say of your games you probably won't win the league, but it means you might be able to in the following years.

Will be interesting to see what the club does.

I agree that City needs to buy potential. It might not always work out but with good scouting and analysis City should be able to get the majority of their buys right.

When City are buying 26-27 year old players like Bony and Fernando there really isn't any potential left, they are as good as they are ever going to be. They are guaranteed to be good players but they aren't going to become world class and take City to the next level.

Ray78 said:
g180aj said:
sam-caddick said:
I agree with the posts above, no more squad fillers, average British players just to fill quotas, that's just settling for second best.

We have some outstanding youngsters who need to be developed in the first team, they are our future.

Only Sterling or Clyne have the quality to be a Manchester City player and even they won't be a certain starter.
John stones is absolutely class

There are a few better defenders coming up in our EDS ranks.

Like who exactly? Stones has been integral to Everton's recent defensive stability, and is playing exceptionally at the top level at the age of 20.

He's good the footballing brain and ability of Ferdinand but isn't a moronic hoodlum. He seems very level headed and his leadership qualities are evident; only a Lake-esque tragedy can stop him from going on to captain England and it's a role he could fill for us too.

A while back on here somebody tried ridiculing me when I stated that Adam Lallana could seamlessly replace Nasri in our team as an English equivalent; so far this season Lallana has 4 goals and 3 assists compared to Nasri's 0 goals and 4 assists, despite playing 200 league minutes less, and for a new club.

.A. said:
A while back on here somebody tried ridiculing me when I stated that Adam Lallana could seamlessly replace Nasri in our team as an English equivalent; so far this season Lallana has 4 goals and 3 assists compared to Nasri's 0 goals and 4 assists, despite playing 200 league minutes less, and for a new club.

Yeah, let's base everything on stats, Luka Modric, Xavi, Pirlo, Nasri and countless other non scoring midfielders. Let's sign Tom Pope and David Healy.

.A. said:
Nasri%20Lallana%202_zps7vkm1the.png
Nasri%20Lallana_zps6sgieh2w.png

^ ib addition, if lalana was so good why is he mostly on the bench?

loserpool use coutinho , markovic, sterling and Stevie me more olin those wide positions

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.