English players

Llalana is wank.

Might as well close the thread as there's maybe 2 or 3 English players at the moment that could reasonably walk into our starting XI.

.A. said:
A while back on here somebody tried ridiculing me when I stated that Adam Lallana could seamlessly replace Nasri in our team as an English equivalent; so far this season Lallana has 4 goals and 3 assists compared to Nasri's 0 goals and 4 assists, despite playing 200 league minutes less, and for a new club.

If your gonna use stats at least do it right....

bluechampion7891 said:
^ ib addition, if lalana was so good why is he mostly on the bench?

loserpool use coutinho , markovic, sterling and Stevie me more olin those wide positions

he has been injured quite a bit. He is a very good player. He showed it at southampton and has shown it in glimpses for liverpool. I dont think we have to spend 60m every time we buy a player and english players can be just as good.

I like Lallana but I find him inconsistent to watch, one minute he looks a world beater and the next Europa League quality.

Sterling is the only English player I would like at City at the moment, he has proven this season that he isn't a flash in the pan and is on his way to becoming a top player if he carries on improving and working hard.

Kane looks promising but the dreaded second season awaits him next year and I just hope for his and England's sake he isn't a one season wonder.

Barkley is going through that second season poor run, I don't think he is a bad player at all an maybe in the summer his value could potentially be the lowest it will ever be, we would have to play him every week for him to develop if anything though.

sam-caddick said:
I like Lallana but I find him inconsistent to watch, one minute he looks a world beater and the next Europa League quality.

Sterling is the only English player I would like at City at the moment, he has proven this season that he isn't a flash in the pan and is on his way to becoming a top player if he carries on improving and working hard.

Kane looks promising but the dreaded second season awaits him next year and I just hope for his and England's sake he isn't a one season wonder.

Barkley is going through that second season poor run, I don't think he is a bad player at all an maybe in the summer his value could potentially be the lowest it will ever be, we would have to play him every week for him to develop if anything though.

I'd have both of Stones and Clyne every day of the week, both very composed and consistent performers at a good level and huge room for improvement.

g180aj said:
sam-caddick said:

I'd have both of Stones and Clyne every day of the week, both very composed and consistent performers at a good level and huge room for improvement.

I'd be willing to give Ward-Prowse a shout, as well. The lad is only 20 and has potential to get better. I think he could play a useful role as a squad player at first. Let him learn and mature behind our regulars for a couple of seasons.

Ward Prose could be good long term for the midfield he's very talented for his age but whether he'd displace yaya and the ferns is another question (unless we loan him back to Southampton for a year?)

Really only Sterling would enchance our team and offer us something we don't already have. I'd rather see us promote from within.

MC ID said:
Ward Prose could be good long term for the midfield he's very talented for his age but whether he'd displace yaya and the ferns is another question (unless we loan him back to Southampton for a year?)

Really only Sterling would enchance our team and offer us something we don't already have. I'd rather see us promote from within.

You are right about Yaya and Fernandinho. However, if Fernando continues to play like he ha,s Ward-Prowse might easily be able to be an upgrade over him sooner rather than later, imo.

better dead than red said:
g180aj said:
sam-caddick said:

I'd be willing to give Ward-Prowse a shout, as well. The lad is only 20 and has potential to get better. I think he could play a useful role as a squad player at first. Let him learn and mature behind our regulars for a couple of seasons.

I dont think he is going to get better sat on our bench. We might as well get Rodwell back.

No, he wouldn't. Though. I believe he hasn't had the injury issues Roswell has had. Moreover, I would hope we are of the mind of actually giving young players more game time. Though, this is all speculation on my part as I'm not part of the mgmt team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.