English Playoff Matches Thread | 2023/24 | 15:00 - Leeds United v Southampton

If (repeat, "if") that's true, that's a cracking deal for you lot. You were short a top notch striker (let's be honest, Jesus and Havertz aren't such beings). And Ramsdale and Smith Rowe are only destined to be squad members, used in domestic cup games. And Isak is a belting player.
Yep, if it turns out to be true, and that remains a big 'if'.

Yeah plus a big bag-o-cash.

According to the same source Guimaraes is heading to City.

Again caveat that anything quoted that isn't from Fabrizio Romano tends to be a load of rubbish so I'll believe it when I see it but Isak would be great for us - imagine Gabby Jesus but who actually knows where the net is.
I take 99.9% of transfer rumour as utter nonsense and part of the off-season circus.

Most teams would be better with a false 9 these days. It garners far more control.

No great love for Leeds but I’d have preferred a nice local away game with a decent atmosphere to another trip to the south coast for no doubt a 12.30 or 5.30 KO.

I went to THAT Southampton game last year undercover as I’m registered with the club and occasionally go and watch them as a neutral (no second clubs). But it’s a world of difference when it’s your own team.

Growing up, Pa Bollo had some connections at the norf Lahndan clubs so would often get comped tickets to Spuds, Tarquins, Hammers, QPR etc. Because of this I had a solid grounding in the subtle art of not getting my face kicked in, but by Christ that Saints game was a tester.

I’ve learned my lesson and next season I’ll be in the away end. Hope the kickoff is at a sensible time so a decent number of blues can make it down. All back to mine if we win.

No great love for Leeds but I’d have preferred a nice local away game with a decent atmosphere to another trip to the south coast for no doubt a 12.30 or 5.30 KO.
I’d echo that, and add that I’ve got a couple of mates who are Leeds supporters too, so would’ve been decent to see them up

I would have liked to see Leeds promoted for a local, atmospheric match. Saints were the better team and deserved to go up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.