English Playoff Matches Thread | 2023/24 | 15:00 - Leeds United v Southampton

I went to THAT Southampton game last year undercover as I’m registered with the club and occasionally go and watch them as a neutral (no second clubs). But it’s a world of difference when it’s your own team.

Growing up, Pa Bollo had some connections at the norf Lahndan clubs so would often get comped tickets to Spuds, Tarquins, Hammers, QPR etc. Because of this I had a solid grounding in the subtle art of not getting my face kicked in, but by Christ that Saints game was a tester.

I’ve learned my lesson and next season I’ll be in the away end. Hope the kickoff is at a sensible time so a decent number of blues can make it down. All back to mine if we win.

I’m struggling to remember what happened at Southampton last year to make it a “THAT” game?

Going by yesterday not one Leeds player has a chance for signing with us.
I agree and I think we will be lucky not to have to give Kalvin away. Just getting his wages off the books might be the best we can do.

It’s possible Archie Gray will be a better prospect after another year in Leeds’ team. Albeit a year in the championship.

Was that only last season? Seems years ago.

All the same, I’d personally have a ‘THAT’ game, especially one in upper case, as a bit more memorable than a shit, low key League Cup exit.
Same. It was a nothing game, let's be honest. Now, the FA Cup final against Wigan; that was/is most definitely a THAT game. Or, if you want to go back to Fred and Wilma Flintstone's day,the FA Cup games at Shrewsbury and Halifax; they are also THAT games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.