EPL?? its the prem!!

Bluemoon115 said:
blueyorkie said:
Oh and its Football not Soccer, never has been, never will be!

Even though it's a term of English creation, as a shortened term for "Association Football" as a way to diffrenciate from "Rugby Football".[/quote

Rugby of either description has no relevance to the vast majority of the sporting public, it is rarely discussed in most workplaces. How it can ever be reffered to as Football is beyond belief.
I agree that your definition is the root of the term!

Rösler's Dad said:
blueyorkie said:
Oh and its Football not Soccer, never has been, never will be!

We've had this argument before; if you were of my generation (65+) and ever in a rugby league area kids referred to RL as football and Assoc Football as soccer; as Bluemoon115 says, soccer is just as much an English word as football.

it's a modern phenomenon to pretend soccer is an Americanism. Me? I'll continue to use both terms interchangeably on here even if it upsets the teenage thought police.:0)

Hi Pal, no teenager, closer to 60 than 50. Still hate the term, was brought up in an area where there was a Roughyed egg chasing team.

blueyorkie said:
Rösler's Dad said:
We've had this argument before; if you were of my generation (65+) and ever in a rugby league area kids referred to RL as football and Assoc Football as soccer; as Bluemoon115 says, soccer is just as much an English word as football.

it's a modern phenomenon to pretend soccer is an Americanism. Me? I'll continue to use both terms interchangeably on here even if it upsets the teenage thought police.:0)

Hi Pal, no teenager, closer to 60 than 50. Still hate the term, was brought up in an area where there was a Roughyed egg chasing team.

Hi blueyorkie, nice to know not everyone is a youngster on here!

I think your experience just goes to show that whatever anyone claims to be "the facts" based on their experience, someone else can usually quote the opposite based on theirs! But hey, that's why this board is one of the best!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.