Eric Garcia 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or gain the knowledge of how to put an opponent off without necessarily winning the header. Otamendi wins the battle to the ball and gets a nudge in or muscles ahead to win a header. Fernandinho wins plenty through his ability to time his jump and as others said he may still grow, I was about 5"10 at 18 and 6"1 by 21.

Great in theory but not going to work imo.

Most teams 'do' crosses & have centre forwards, & our main cbs are pretty big

Fern is a great example, perfect at putting players off from winning headers, & nipping in making clearences but wouldn't last 5 mins as a genuine cb v Harry Kane, without big men to take over.

Have you seen him play as a dm at all, has he played there for us. ?

If they thought he could do it, he should be play g there for the under 21s.

I do believe, and have said so for a while that the height of top centre halfs will be less in the coming years. No need for a big centre half at the top level, apart from Mourinho the top coaches don't lump it in anymore.

Why shouldn't he learn to defend instead ?

The thing i really like about Garcia is he already knows the importance of breaking the lines with passes, it's conditioned into him. When he gets the ball, his first thought is to look up and make something happen if he can and that is exactly the type of defender that Pep likes. He gives us an amazing option for a right of a 3 with potentially the whole back 3 being made up of ball playing centre backs, Garcia - Stones - Laporte.

The lad can't really be doing much more at the minute, is not being tested really but its the best way to ease him into the team. I don't agree with what some managers do and just throw youth players into tough games.

Can see he has been conditioned and trained by Barca for years and I hope his development here takes him to the next level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.