Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you know what I mean @Gabriel - the cantera issue bothers me as have the ridiculous choices for transfers & coaches apart from Lucho. They have decimated La Masia in ways that will take years to repair, nevermind pushed Pep away. Barto & Rosell are analogous to Trump for me so I hope their reign of terror will end soon too

I have thought about the kids being uprooted, Messi for example - I agree, there are mixed feeling there for me too. I have a son at a local club here and would have a hard time imagining allowing him go to live without us at La Masia at 7 or 8 years of age. Local Catalan kids, much easier to accept/understand IMHO - they are schooled and many end up with degrees in addition to playing football

At the end of the day, particularly in the years after Leo leaves, for me FC Barcelona is a Catalan club and I like seeing the cantera kids form 1st team players and playing in that Cruyff style. I like that part of the game a great deal

If we're being totally unbiased, he's making the right decision. He has a far better shot at making it in Spanish football than English. Because he came through La Masia, Barca should likely be willing to give him more opportunity to succeed. I don't think it's a bad move for us either, if we can get close to 30m for him, it's incredible business. I don't think Garcia will be better than Ake. Probably a good move all round

I really like Garcia, big fan of him, but i had accepted losing him months ago as soon as Barca come sniffing around for him.

If i played for Barca and City come sniffing round, i would do the same as City are my club. Same goes for Garcia, i don't begrude him whatsoever and wish him well.

Does he really have what it takes to go right to the very top? I am not sure. He is a fantastic footballer no doubt about it, but he isn't the tallest and isn't the most physical player so this could have held him back from being a truly special player.

I know Puyol and Cannavaro weren't the tallest, but they were both pretty physical and both very commanding. I don't see that in Garcia, i don't see that commanding side to him, he is more of a rolls royce.

Will be interesting to see how he develops anyway.

May also feel if City buy another centre half, then he'll suddenly find himself 4th choice.

Garcia is likely following the news/rumours like the rest of us so he probably knows what’s coming: a badass partner to Laporte making him 4th choice. What he doesn’t know yet, is that Barca will also make him 4th choice in the future. That club can’t even make fkng Griezmann tick for the team, who at the time of the transfer was one of the best strikers around, yet everyone expects miracles from a 19-year old with limited experience at top level.

In a few years time, he will realize this was a huge mistake. He’ll probably end up at Valencia.

Garcia is likely following the news/rumours like the rest of us so he probably knows what’s coming: a badass partner to Laporte making him 4th choice. What he doesn’t know yet, is that Barca will also make him 4th choice in the future. That club can’t even make fkng Griezmann tick for the team, who at the time of the transfer was one of the best strikers around, yet everyone expects miracles from a 19-year old with limited experience at top level.

In a few years time, he will realize this was a huge mistake. He’ll probably end up at Valencia.

The glamour and immediate increase in salary may blind him to all that. Too much too soon, may apply here,

Really not arsed though. He looks tidy, but I feel we could do with a bit more physicality at the back. Something he doesn't, and won't ever possess.

Well, you know what I mean @Gabriel - the cantera issue bothers me as have the ridiculous choices for transfers & coaches apart from Lucho. They have decimated La Masia in ways that will take years to repair, nevermind pushed Pep away. Barto & Rosell are analogous to Trump for me so I hope their reign of terror will end soon too

I have thought about the kids being uprooted, Messi for example - I agree, there are mixed feeling there for me too. I have a son at a local club here and would have a hard time imagining allowing him go to live without us at La Masia at 7 or 8 years of age. Local Catalan kids, much easier to accept/understand IMHO - they are schooled and many end up with degrees in addition to playing football

At the end of the day, particularly in the years after Leo leaves, for me FC Barcelona is a Catalan club and I like seeing the cantera kids form 1st team players and playing in that Cruyff style. I like that part of the game a great deal
I really like reading your posts, it gives a greater prospective to city fans footballing experience. I am interested to know how much we can screw...I mean get out of you guys for Garcia. As a club we often like to add sell-on and add-on clauses when clubs purchase young talent from us. I want to know how high you think you would go.

Fantastic prospect, but not a massive loss at the same time as we haven't seen the best of him. This means we would have to keep Stones, which probably would not be a bad thing for us or for him.

I was sad to hear this today on the news.
I think the kid has huge potential, he's prone to the odd mistake which is understandable at his age but his reading of the game and footballing brain is way above where it should be.

I'd love him to stay here but he's Barca through and through, so if that's what he want's then good luck to the lad.
If the boot was on the other foot as a City fan I'd do exactly the same.

Righto - time to sell him off ASAP. Wonder what we can get? At least 20m?

[
Righto - time to sell him off ASAP. Wonder what we can get? At least 20m?

thats whats being reported yes, even in barcelona's newspapers. They're very interested of course, still will probably need to sell someone first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.