Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is legitimately being tapped up similar to Bayern with Sane then he will be leaving
I think if we thought he was going though we like Sane and Sancho, he wouldn't be playing regularly and we would be playing others ready for the C/L games coming up.

He's a bright lad so I'm sure he can make his own mind up but isn't he a bit young to be going back there? If we're using Pique as the example then he was a couple of years older and at least looked like an adult.

I think Eric's going to be fantastic at some point but he needs to physically develop and gain experience defending one on one against top level players before he gets to that level.

If he wants to go back to Barca then that's obviously his decision but he's not ready to be a starter for them and, with the way things have been going for them recently, I'm not sure they'd invest much patience in him.

On the flip side, I'd rather lose him sooner than later so we don't end up in a position of relying on him as a first choice and so that I don't personally grow overly attached to him.

I think he's got a lot of important decisions to make but his head's firmly screwed on and, under the guidance of Puyol, I'm sure he'll make the right choice.

Pique was 21 when he returned and Eric will be 20 in January - closer to 1 year difference in circumstances. Plus, while Gerard played little under Fergie he featured quite prominently as a starter for Zaragoza (loan), largely as a DM, when he was 19

Pique was 21 when he returned and Eric will be 20 in January - closer to 1 year difference in circumstances. Plus, while Gerard played little under Fergie he featured quite prominently as a starter for Zaragoza (loan), largely as a DM, when he was 19

Still, Garcia is short for his position and is built like an art student. Pique didn't have those issues and he was going off to work with the best manager in the world.

Like I said, I think it's just too early for him but if he does want to go I'd rather it be this summer.

Pep wasn't known as the best manager in the world when Pique returned, he was merely a former player whose only coaching experience was one season in the 4th division of Spain

Puyol was/is shorter than Eric - a pivotal central defender at Barca does not need to be the size of Van Dijk

Xavi will be the next coach in 12-18 months IMO - provided he recovers fully from COVID-19

Pep wasn't known as the best manager in the world when Pique returned, he was merely a former player whose only coaching experience was one season in the 4th division of Spain

Puyol was/is shorter than Eric - a pivotal central defender at Barca does not need to be the size of Van Dijk

Xavi will be the next coach in 12-18 months IMO - provided he recovers fully from COVID-19

But, with the benefit of hindsight, Pep was the best in the world and just hadn't had the chance to prove it. Eric certainly wouldn't receive that level of coaching from the likes of Setien.

Puyol had a great leap, great strength and was a great one on one defender. Garcia hasn't shown any of that so far. I believe he was also older when he got his first start for Barca.

Just stinks of Barca trying to appease fans. Would like a new deal for Garcia and see how Tosin and Taylor turn out over the next few years. Don't think Eric would be here forever regardless but would be good to get a fair few more years from him before he goes to Barca and gets torn apart by their insidious press and fans

But, with the benefit of hindsight, Pep was the best in the world and just hadn't had the chance to prove it. Eric certainly wouldn't receive that level of coaching from the likes of Setien.

Puyol had a great leap, great strength and was a great one on one defender. Garcia hasn't shown any of that so far. I believe he was also older when he got his first start for Barca.

Of course in hindsight but if that is how you frame things, everything is easier in hindsight

For Eric to desire to return, it'd have little to do with Setien, Valverde or Xavi - he's Catalan and he was brought up through the academy. Players like this, they are drawn to returning like a moth to a flame

Puyol was 21 when he was promoted and played the bulk of that season after being moved from RB to central defense. Eric is the best central defender the club has developed since Pique & Puyol, for me I would take him over anyone on the market to lead the future - trust in the cantera, always

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.