Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea how many goals we conceded from headers this year?
If it’s not many (not checked) I’d suggest that the 70% win rate is a moot point. If it’s a large percentage of goals we conceded, you’ve got a decent point

Add the ones conceded by not clearing headers properly, or heading the ball straight back to the opposition, 2nd balls, etc etc.

Most goals we concede are due to our high line style- I'd say more important characteristics are pace, defensive nouse and calmness under pressure
I’d tend to agree, but Don’t have time to look for any stats

Add the ones conceded by not clearing headers properly, or heading the ball straight back to the opposition, 2nd balls, etc etc.
Which is how many? If it’s 2 a season, I’m not sure what anyone’s point is about needing a big strapping lad at the back.

If it’s half our goals, you’ve got a great point & we do need a big lump at the back.

Again, not got time to check myself, but I’m pretty certain City will have all the statistical analysis to ensure the correct decisions is made

The guy is 6 foot and has plenty of time on his side to bulk up and work on technique- I don't see the massive problem

Not sure how bulking up will help him compete in the air better or turn/ run faster.

I don't see a 'massive problem' unless we are actually planning on continuing to play him regularly, or find we have no choice.

Which is how many? If it’s 2 a season, I’m not sure what anyone’s point is about needing a big strapping lad at the back.

If it’s half our goals, you’ve got a great point & we do need a big lump at the back.

Again, not got time to check myself, but I’m pretty certain City will have all the statistical analysis to ensure the correct decisions is made

I'm certain that we regularly concede attacking positions, due to shit aerial play. And lack of pace/ defensive technique etc.

So it seems a no brainer to improve both imo.

this garcia talk be like sane.

this summer,next summer him go sure.

let him go,keep stones,give him one more year.

laporta,new cb,ake,stones,dinho.

Anyone who doesn’t rate Garcia as one of the best young centre backs in the world just doesn’t understand football enough.

He is outstanding and will only get better. The comments about lack of speed etc are laughable. You don’t need speed when you read the game as well as he does.

If he wants to go there isn’t anything we can do. Just hope he has 2 years left and not 1 so we can negotiate a better fee.

The fact Pep/Txiki are trying so hard to keep him and one of the biggest clubs in the world are aggressively pursuing him tells you everything you need to know about how good he is.

Looks like he's off! A shame really has the potential to be one of the best. If it's to go back to Barcelona can you really blame him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.