Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
No they didn’t. Plenty rate him but probably more have said for some time he is too small and too slow.
He came into the teal last season and did very well, and now because he want to return to Spain, he is no longer flavour of the month.

Football fans are very fickle.

All I know is, when he played in the League Cup games two seasons ago, players were coming out of position to win his headers for him, he made a collection of fuckups & Sandler was better than him, where's he ?

On his PL debut, he was all over the shop, gave Laporte the willys, Liverpool should have been 3 or 4 up, as usual, after 20 mins & when Mané ran at him, he fell over. Pep said afterwards he never makes mistakes.

In the games which folliwed was twice turned inside out in our box by Championship level players, made consistent positonal errors, was too slow, weak in the air & doesn't appear to understand the offside rule.

Danny Wellbeck came on for Norwich & turned him at the halfwayline then ran away from him. Then he stood praying for offside as Wellbeck ran clean through behind him.

His reward for all that was to get to play offsides v Arsenal & Lyon, where coincidentally, we were caught square appealing for offside on several goals.

He arrived back in the team last night & we were again getting caught square whilst he stood appealing for offside with City players clearly not level with him.

He's shite.

Whether he will become unshite one day, I don't know, but it doesn't matter, if he's in our team now, fucking it up.
Wow. Clearly not the finished article but you make this guy out to be one of the worst defenders ever to wear the blue shirt. A tad more perspective is required methinks.

Too small? We are about to pay 70m for a CB of similar height.

He is a great prospect and it's sad that he is leaving us, end of.

And there is the difference, which I pointed out 2 seasons ago.

Kounde can jump, Garcia can't. Kounde can run fast, Garcia can't. (Kounde also seems to have an idea how the offside rule works).

Some were suggesting at the time that the jumping ability would come. Well so far it hasn't. And I pointed out at the time that Micah Richards at Garcia's age was jumping a foot higher & was 2 yards faster. He wss also miles better at defending.

Wow. Clearly not the finished article but you make this guy out to be one of the worst defenders ever to wear the blue shirt. A tad more perspective is required methinks.

I think he is a really terrible defender who would not get a game in any PL team.

What examples are there, other than Pep playing him, which tell me I'm wrong ?

Too small? We are about to pay 70m for a CB of similar height.

He is a great prospect and it's sad that he is leaving us, end of.

Ake is known for a good leap that helps him to be competitive in the air. Garcia isn’t.

Garcia is too slow for our defensive high line. Garcia is good on the ball and a decent tackler but didn’t shine in games against top strikers. He shouldn’t get near our Prem first team but he will be on relatively cheap wages so he can play for the EDS and get more Carabao Cup minutes. That’s if Barca don’t stump up the cash.

And there is the difference, which I pointed out 2 seasons ago.

Kounde can jump, Garcia can't. Kounde can run fast, Garcia can't. (Kounde also seems to have an idea how the offside rule works).

Some were suggesting at the time that the jumping ability would come. Well so far it hasn't. And I pointed out at the time that Micah Richards at Garcia's age was jumping a foot higher & was 2 yards faster. He wss also miles better at defending.
And unfortunately Micha went backwards even before his injury.

For a 19 yr old Garcia is an outstanding young CB ,if he continues in his development he will become a very good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.