Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without looking at it from a sentimental standpoint it isn’t money wasted. We got 20m for Diaz and will get similar for Garcia. Whilst we’d all prefer two more Fodens 40m is not to be sniffed at.

We should be able to bring in local talent as well as foreign talent.

Believe me, I have no sentiment for any player. The objectives of the academy are twofold. Firstly, it is to produce a surplus of young players from whom we can make continued profit to support the operation. Second, it is to produce young players who can progress to the first team and have careers at the club. Foden, Diaz, and Eric Garcia fall into the second category, and while we may take comfort from the 40 million now, that has to be seen in relation to the amount we spend in the future on players to fill their absence.

We drop 50 million now for Koulibaly and probably treble to quadruple that in 2024 for his replacement, at the very point when Garcia should have been stepping up to fill the gap. Still, what about that 20 million? :-(

The club will put a brave face on it, but I’d imagine they’re furious. My grievance is that they should have seen it coming and that they don’t seem to have learned their lesson. That is why I’ve been calling for more investment in South American youngsters. It’s no coincidence that our Brazilian and Argentinian players have generally settled and remained so much longer at the club.

I honestly don’t know. I haven’t followed his development because I never thought he would even come into the reckoning. Watching him at City a couple of years ago was painful viewing and I didn’t think he stood a chance at our level. Others who have followed him have clearly seen a big improvement but it’s a bloody big jump from WBA and Blackburn to playing in a side trying to win the PL and CL.

Yeah agree about him a couple years ago looked all legs but he has grown into his body now and deserves a chance.

I struggle to see we’d go to the market searching for a fourth CB. Having Koulibaly, Aké recently signed, plus Laporte, I mean who would wanna compete against that?

Garcia is not clueless. He knows we’ve signed Aké, we have Laporte and there are rumours about signing a world class right sided CB.
He might be full of himself but he just couldn’t see himself as 4th choice in the pecking order.

How do you know!? Where are you reading all this because I’m pretty sure you’ve got no real contacts

Please dont encourage the annoying gobshite , he will keep bigging himself up with his extensive and intimate knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.