Eric Griffiths (Whitefield) RIP .Up dated 19th/10/09

Re: Eric Griffiths (Whitefield) RIP .Up dated 13/10/09

The Cyber Goat said:
R.I.P Eric and condolences to your family. You were a true gent and I never heard anybody have a bad word to say about you, some going for a landlord. An example to us all as a blue, and a man
You are correct That somes Eric up Brilliantly

its no age, glad he saw the good times at city, i count my blessings when i here things like this.
r.i.p blue.

Re: Eric Griffiths (Whitefield) RIP

I'd seen Eric's flag on tv at loads of test grounds all over the world. When touring New Zealand last year I bumped in to him in Wellington,New Zealand after we won and we got talking as blues do when we bump in to each other. I had a City flag as well (Cheese Gee Cross) and we had a discussion about whether our flags had been seen on telly.

I found out then that he wasn't well and he mentioned that he'd focused on doing lots of cricket tours since he'd had some bad news about his health. My mate who'd met Eric on previous England tours commented on what a nice bloke he was-always finding him friendly and I can echo those sentiments after the brief conversation we had celebrating an England victory on the other side of the world.

RIP Eric and my condolences to all his family and friends.

jhowe60 said:
I was lucky and honoured to have known Eric since he returned from South Africa over 10 years ago. Although only in north Wales for a couple of years I got to know Eric, Rena and Emma very well in deed and have spent many a happy hour in their company. I've travelled with Eric to many home and away City games and remember 2 in particular, the away game at Lokeren, where we met in the town square and had such a good laugh with the locals, the police and all the other Blues. The other trip was to Portsmouth for the weekend. To be in his company was something else, someone we all looked up to, mainly because he was over 6' foot! His past few years he travelled the world following England cricket team, with his famous Union Jack Bee Hive MCFC flag. Some morning's he had to get there early just so he could climb up scaffolding and other structures to give it the best position in the ground. High and proud. I rang him on his mobile phone once whilst it was being televised live on Sky TV. He answered the phone and was captured by the cameras whilst we were talking, I told him to give us a waive and he did, the commentator said that he must be waiving to the wife! He was a great man and it was an honour to know him.

Colwyn Bay CSA

Re: Eric Griffiths (Whitefield) RIP

jhowe60 said:
I was lucky and honoured to have known Eric since he returned from South Africa over 10 years ago. Although only in north Wales for a couple of years I got to know Eric, Rena and Emma very well in deed and have spent many a happy hour in their company. I've travelled with Eric to many home and away City games and remember 2 in particular, the away game at Lokeren, where we met in the town square and had such a good laugh with the locals, the police and all the other Blues. The other trip was to Portsmouth for the weekend. To be in his company was something else, someone we all looked up to, mainly because he was over 6' foot! His past few years he travelled the world following England cricket team, with his famous Union Jack Bee Hive MCFC flag. Some morning's he had to get there early just so he could climb up scaffolding and other structures to give it the best position in the ground. High and proud. I rang him on his mobile phone once whilst it was being televised live on Sky TV. He answered the phone and was captured by the cameras whilst we were talking, I told him to give us a waive and he did, the commentator said that he must be waiving to the wife! He was a great man and it was an honour to know him.

Colwyn Bay CSA
He was a great bloke

stonerblue said:
That back room was a piece of art.

Good work Blue and will be missed around these part.
Yes there was some great City Memrobilia

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.