Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep coming back to the fact that we released Sergio Aguero in March.

I simply don't believe that the club would do that with nothing lined up and no knowledge of whether Spurs or Dortmund would sell at a particular price that the club was OK with spending.

I don't think Pep or the club would genuinely think it was acceptable to release Aguero with a 5% possibility that no one came in to replace him.

Absolutely. I mean you should actually go back further to that meeting between Khaldoon and Pep in the Maldives when he agreed to stay for another 2 years. That's where the key decisions will have been made. Letting Aguero go was Pep's call, even his dad has subsequently said that Pep alone decided Kun should go. For me that speaks to who is calling the shots this summer in terms of incomings and even outgoings.

If he signs a five year contract and only stays those five years, that is fine with me. If in the fourth year someone comes with a big check, that’s fine too. I repeat, it’s unrealistic to expect ANY player to come and stay the rest of their career here
However, a superstar player that is able to compete at the highest level at their current club AND has every reason to stay, not only for the sporting reasons but because they make more money that way. Messi stayed his entire career in Barcelona and is a rich man. Cristiano Ronaldo with 6 years at United then 9 years in Madrid, the same. Anyone who thinks Raiola doesn’t understand what every other agent understands, besides overestimating his own role in Haaland’s career planning, is also underestimating his own aptitude
The point of my post is the unrest that this particular agent causes

This is maybe the reason, and I don't know, that City have made Kane the number 1 target.

Would any club commit to spending hundreds of millions on Grealish , Kane or any other player involved in the Euros/Copa America, when potentially they could get a serious injury in those said tournaments.

City signed Gundogan when he was on crutches

Why??? They scrapped fourth place this season and are very hit and miss. Yes they won the champions league but that was due to lucky draws and Pep making a mess of tactics and team selection in the final.
They scraped 4th due to Frank not having a clue for half a season. Extrapolate their form after Tuchel took over someone else’s squad and they’d have been right up there.

They’ve signed some very good young players. They have very good young players that have come through and they have a very good manager. They’re a massive threat next season whether they sign Haaland or not and if they do, he’s not missing the chances Werner did last season either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.