Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn’t here when Gundogan was signed, but he was already a tremendous player, extremely intelligent on a tactical level having worked with Klopp and Tuchel for instance, and won titles with Dortmund and actively helping to carry them to a UCL final (and scoring in said final).

There is no doubt that Pep is an important part of our success, but he could leave at the end of next season. He left Barcelona and they won 5 in 8 La Ligas since, and one UCL with Luis Enrique. He took over Bayern one year after they had won the UCL, didn’t win it once there. He won the Bundesliga every time there, and since he left they continued to win it every time - and won one UCL two seasons ago. We are not dependent on him, is the point I’m making. Which is how it should be.
Half of these players at City would not even be here if it was not for Pep.

We are fairly dependent on him.

City will find it lot harder to attract players once hes gone.

Pep factor is our only compensation against the prestige of Barca, Real, Bayern.

Once Pep is gone, we will have to compensate this by money, like PSG are doing.

Pep factor is our only compensation against the prestige of Barca, Real, Bayern.

Not like PSG, no way no how.

PSG play in a poor league where winning the domestic league for them is not nearly as prestigious as opposed to the Prem.

We have proven we can win the prem under multiple managers, and we have attracted some of the best players.

We have been the most successful English club over the last 10 years by a wide margin.

Our appeal has never been higher.

We will not entice players solely with money.

The "chelsea will win the league with one transfer" brigade really forgetting we finished 19 points ahead and are in fact capable of buying players too
Can you guarantee Frank will always manage them for just over half a league season again next year?

Players see the success, the stable ownership, the high quality of the infrastructure, and the high pay of top players in the PL. From there, it’s all about whether they (and their family) can stomach not being in a major European city like London or Paris, Madrid or Barcelona.

If all of that falls into place, doing 5 years here, playing at the highest levels and winning trophies, is a no brainer for any player with any nous.

The "chelsea will win the league with one transfer" brigade really forgetting we finished 19 points ahead and are in fact capable of buying players too
If they find a few decent additions that fit into their 5-2-2-1 set-up, they’re going to be a very difficult team to turnover. They have an excellent first 15, but beyond that were lacking. Adding quality in a few positions will bring them up to the best squads in England.

That said, a few quality additions to our squad are NEEDED in key positions, so we need to spend some “quality” money to get them.

A young left back (Fulham lad?), a strong & mobile DM (Rice?), and a proven striker (Haaland, please!) are a necessity if City are to stay ahead in the “Best Squad” stakes.

I expect Liverpool, United, and Chelsea to spend big money on trying to not only close the 12 point gap (which would have been DOUBLE that if the title had been in doubt and we didn’t have the CL and FA Cup SF to play), but ensure they go deep in the CL, or at least get to the Round of 16, because all four clubs need the money!

Its like rovin van persie transfer. Where ever he goes was likely to win the premier league next season. Thats why mancini was furious. Van persie went to united and they got the title. I believe harry kane is van persie thid transfer window . Haaland might be the one with different ideas if he come to the league. Personally i dont see dortmund selling him.

Not like PSG, no way no how.

PSG play in a poor league where winning the domestic league for them is not nearly as prestigious as opposed to the Prem.

We have proven we can win the prem under multiple managers, and we have attracted some of the best players.

We have been the most successful English club over the last 10 years by a wide margin.

Our appeal has never been higher.

We will not entice players solely with money.
PSG biggest issue is a poor standard of football and league, the advantage is a wonderful city to live in.

City's issue is once Pep is gone, Manchester as in the city is not an attraction, but the club and league is a huge pull.

Its like rovin van persie transfer. Where ever he goes was likely to win the premier league next season. Thats why mancini was furious. Van persie went to united and they got the title. I believe harry kane is van persie thid transfer window . Haaland might be the one with different ideas if he come to the league. Personally i dont see dortmund selling him.
Van Persie was 30 when he signed for the rags and probably already past his best, great first season , then a rapid decline a poor signing. And one of the main issue the club would not grant Mancini his wish, RVP would have zero value at the end of his contract.

Kane is still only 27 and probably can still improve parts of his game, especially under a high quality coach and team.

I would much prefer to sign Haaland but to compare Kane to the VanPersie signing is harsh.

Kane is a supremely intelligent footballer, highlighted by his assist record. Those doubting that he would thrive in our supremely intelligent team, led by our supremely intelligent manager....are not supremely intelligent.

this is true, equally players wont come to be dicked about . they want to play . i expect a mini exodus too. that cup loss has cost us big time .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.