Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
If its an option,id definitely sooner us wait 12 months for this kid,and go with the false 9 again,than sign Kane this summer.
Hell no I'm not wasting 1 of potentially last 2 years of Pep without a striker! Madness!! Lot of people assume false 9 will work again and/or team will click again. Not to mention Liverpool and Chelsea will challenge us a lot harder next season were going to need 90+ again to win the league

If its an option,id definitely sooner us wait 12 months for this kid,and go with the false 9 again,than sign Kane this summer.

I'd go along with that, provided we signed him and then loaned him back. It would also be predicated on strengthening in other areas. For example, suppose we signed Grealish, a defensive midfielder and a left-back. I think we could conceivably go into next season quite a bit stronger, even without a striker.

I'd go along with that, provided we signed him and then loaned him back. It would also be predicated on strengthening in other areas. For example, suppose we signed Grealish, a defensive midfielder and a left-back. I think we could conceivably go into next season quite a bit stronger, even without a striker.

100%,my thinking too.

Grealish would allow the option to reinvent/expand the false 9 scenario.

100%,my thinking too.

Grealish would allow the option to reinvent/expand the false 9 scenario.

Not to mention Gabi being given a proper go, and Torres a year wiser and more settled having a good gonat it too.

Don't think it will happen, think the club are pretty committed to signing a striker. Replacing aguero, giving Pep the best for the two years etc. But I share the opinion of i'd rather see that myself too.

The option is still there for it to happen this year ad well, needs much work, just like the Kane transfer.

Hell no I'm not wasting 1 of potentially last 2 years of Pep without a striker! Madness!! Lot of people assume false 9 will work again and/or team will click again. Not to mention Liverpool and Chelsea will challenge us a lot harder next season were going to need 90+ again to win the league
The emergence of Torres,the possible addition of Grealish and maybe a couple of EDS helping out.....would ensure enough fresh option and impetus to combat any challenge.

The emergence of Torres,the possible addition of Grealish and maybe a couple of EDS helping out.....would ensure enough fresh option and impetus to combat any challenge.
I am not taking that risk into next season. I get it if we CAN'T get Kane OR Haaland this season and the options become Silva or Nunez I agree wait till next season. But if we can get Kane then you pull the trigger on it. This group of players is in an almost golden generation at the moment KDB/gundo might not be the players they are at 32 when Haaland comes. We need to maximise it all now and Kane does that starting this season

I don't think that we'll make the mistake at all of resting on our laurels. For sure we'll bring talent in.

I think that Grealish is a shoo-in; I'm not sure where the club stands with respect to bringing in a top striker - I think Pep is luke warm to the idea given that he's played successfully without a top striker for most of the season - at the same time, I don't know if management hierarchy agrees with this and I'm not sure how much control Pep has over signings - plus if we were able to land, say, Kane, for a reasonable fee, I don't think that Pep would much object to this at all.

Anyhow, I think that Haaland is extremely unlikely to land in our side for numerous reasons - one of which is that Haaland is rumored to be amenable to continuing with Dormand next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.