Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSG know this is the year to get him. They won't fuck about. Get the mbaps cash, blow it all on haaland while nobody else is in for him, give him the same wages. The only thing i'd have seen preventing it woulda been his own ambition to play in a bigger league. But with Messi himself making the choice to go for PSG, they will have a strong card to play in being a draw for top players despite the farmer teams around them. And it might well be enough.

Chelsea get lukaku, madrid mbappe, psg Haaland, utd Ronaldo, Spurs keep Kane, heck even Inter get Edin. And we get fucking nobody. What a window.

PSG know this is the year to get him. They won't fuck about. Get the mbaps cash, blow it all on haaland while nobody else is in for him, give him the same wages. The only thing i'd have seen preventing it woulda been his own ambition to play in a bigger league. But with Messi himself making the choice to go for PSG, they will have a strong card to play in being a draw for top players despite the farmer teams around them. And it might well be enough.

Chelsea get lukaku, madrid mbappe, psg Haaland, utd Ronaldo, Spurs keep Kane, heck even Inter get Edin. And we get fucking nobody. What a window.
I think him going to PSG is a bad career move for now and Raiola understands that, but even beyond that, I can’t help but think he just doesn’t want to go there after their entire squad bar Cavani mocked him (particularly him) after eliminating Dortmund from the UCL in 2020. This wasn’t that long ago. He remembers it.

Imagine he came here this season, just hypothetically (because we can). He would be allowing himself into a direct competition with Lukaku and Ronaldo for numbers and with Messi and Neymar in the UCL. That would be a quicker path to that global superstar status. Competition is key to attracting constant attention. Bundesliga and Ligue 1 aren’t competitive; La Liga is now much less interesting.

It's impossible to win the league every year, so no hard feelings if we wait another year, but yeah last year was a freak. No crowds + Liverpool injuries + Frank Lampard at Chelsea + Pep working miracles. V. unlikely it will be happening again this year without a striker.

You are right it’s impossible to win the league every year.. all you can ask is that you put yourself in the best position to achieve it…. We haven’t imo.

Bad decisions this transfer window imo. I like Grealish but he should have not been our priority and should have been brought after we sorted a goal scorer out. We spent 100mil on a player we didn’t need.. so once we got onto what we needed we were fucked then panicked and ultimately came up short.

Pep is only here for a limited period of time.. I would prefer to not wast any of his years of leadership if at all possible.. and I think this could have been avoided.

He is not coming to City, he will sign for Real Madrid next year most probably. We need to look elsewhere for a striker, an unknown cause all the big stars dont want to join us!

I think the harsh reality is that Haaland is not interested in City. And if he is, we won't break our wage structure. I feel like he's got a move to Madrid next summer written all over him but maybe Mbappe changes that. Either way this unfortunately feels like a pipe dream.

I think the harsh reality is that Haaland is not interested in City. And if he is, we won't break our wage structure. I feel like he's got a move to Madrid next summer written all over him but maybe Mbappe changes that. Either way this unfortunately feels like a pipe dream.

Cards on the table, this is the only target who has excited me this year but I'm not kidding myself into thinking it will happen.

That being said, I'm not sure that what you've said is the harsh reality or rather a narrative that has been cobbled together on here while we've spent the summer wading through the transfer market.

No no no not getting jumping on this bandwagon lol. When done fucking awesome otherwise I don’t think it’s happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.