Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did we bid for Kane if Haaland is an option? Kane would have been with us for 5 years.

Haaland is going elsewhere.
We went for Kane because that's who Pep badly wanted. The club then did what they could to make it happen. Multiple people have said the board would prefer a younger option so whether they follow through with that in the remaining days here is the question.

If I remember right in Pep's first season he called Tottenham the "Harry Kane team" in a press conference so I would guess his admiration for Harry went way back.

Last edited:
We spent the summer trying to get Kane, who is not a traditional number 9 and instead is much closer to the false nine that we play, and Ronaldo was offered to us and we had a think about it but decided ultimately not to make an offer.

We said right at the beginning of the window that it was Kane or nobody. Not Kane or maybe panic buy somebody else. Presumably we knew that if we didn't get Kane then Haaland would become available and would be someone who would be coachable to our system.
Not to be rude but I think you need to take up watching another sport if you’re now saying Kane is not a traditional number 9.

I think obviously Levy priced kane out of a deal, I mean if he ever picked up the phone to us that was.
It isn't rocket science that if we are willing to go big or was willing to go big then going for someone younger has to be the correct option.
I'd offer Dortmund double his release clause which will be what, over £150m, because come the end of next season when his release clause kicks in they'll be kicking themselves.

I see it as there are two, young centre forwards out there wanting a new adventure and eager to get up the ladder.

We got the money to do it, just fucking go for it.

But if we're willing to spend that kind of money, and take that kind of financial risk, why not just pay the asking price for Kane...?
We aren’t willing to spend that sort of money and anyone claiming we are is talking utter codswallop.

We spent the summer trying to get Kane, who is not a traditional number 9 and instead is much closer to the false nine that we play, and Ronaldo was offered to us and we had a think about it but decided ultimately not to make an offer.

We said right at the beginning of the window that it was Kane or nobody. Not Kane or maybe panic buy somebody else. Presumably we knew that if we didn't get Kane then Haaland would become available and would be someone who would be coachable to our system.
He really said Kane isn’t a 9 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.