Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point who do we see going for him in Jan/June?
Madrid extended Benzema till 2023 which might rule them out. I can't see both Benzema and Haaland in the same team and alternating. Also Mbappe will be going there.
Rags bought Ronaldo in a 2 year contract who unless shifted to the wing is likely to play in Haalands position. So the same issue as Madrid.
Chelsea are out because of Lukaku.
Barcelona, no chance they can afford him.
I don't see him going to Italy/Juventus being able to afford him after the Ronaldo flop show for them.

That leaves PSG, City, Pool and Bayern as the only options to be honest. I fancy our chances against Pool though. I am not sure Bayern will pay him what he wants. PSG could very well go for him post Mbappe, but I think it would speak more of Haaland if he wants to play in Ligue 1. He knows he probably has 2 transfers (in his prime) in him including this one. Anyone signing him, is probably giving him a watertight 5-6 year contract.
But it feels like a PSG vs City vs Bayern option at this point.
Bayern will not pay those wages. Its PSG or City.

Bayern will not pay those wages. Its PSG or City.
I think its likely those 3 but maybe others. He might not sign for the biggest offer. PSG is a quirky offer, they win the french league but struggle in the CL. Bayern win the German legue and are typically in the last 4 in the CL every year. Madrid are typically top 2 in La Liqa and have the best CL reccord in terms of recent success. If this goes to next summer he can pick.

I think its likely those 3 but maybe others. He might not sign for the biggest offer. PSG is a quirky offer, they win the french league but struggle in the CL. Bayern win the German legue and are typically in the last 4 in the CL every year. Madrid are typically top 2 in La Liqa and have the best CL reccord in terms of recent success. If this goes to next summer he can pick.
It will almost certainly go to next summer a deal of that magnitude doesn't get done on deadline day. The amount of pockets needing lining and agreement on.

I agree. They can’t afford him now. Surely? Even without Mbappe. I would hope it’s us, with either Grimaldo or maybe Mendes from Lisbon as a left back!! Other than that we are in ridiculously good shape. IMO.
I didn’t even in terms of affordability, but as a career choice above all. It’s never happening

still think if not us then probably madrid. gonna spend 75m on haaland and mbappe in the same window lol. we have to get involved now and cut a deal before that. early bird gets the worm!

still think if not us then probably madrid. gonna spend 75m on haaland and mbappe in the same window lol. we have to get involved now and cut a deal before that. early bird gets the worm!

That is what I think personally will happen.

Unless of course we either act now (not happening) or the Jan window which some have suggested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.