Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read that Haalands release clause increases to 90 million euros on how he performs this season. But that would be in the the summer. Could be why city would do it in January as the clause does not increase till after the season

Last edited:
Will play for Norway against Holland tonight if anyone fancies a look at him up against Van Djik or even Ake.

The style of play for the national team hasn't been kind to him though, and has lately been outperformed by Aleksander Sørloth (who IMO is one of the most underrated strikers in europe atm who Palace were absolute clowns for not giving a proper chance).

The problem with Sørloth and Haaland is that they occupy the same spaces so they tend to not fit eachother in most games

In what way ?

Mocking our owners. Absolute bollocks. People are allowed to form an option. Just because he doesn’t agree to something it doesn’t warrant him to call people mugs.

This is nothing to do with our owners this is to do with the guys that a responsible for recruitment. We have fallen short once again with the Kane saga and as supporters we are allowed to question why this hasn’t happened.

Mocking our owners. Absolute bollocks. People are allowed to form an option. Just because he doesn’t agree to something it doesn’t warrant him to call people mugs.

This is nothing to do with our owners this is to do with the guys that a responsible for recruitment. We have fallen short once again with the Kane saga and as supporters we are allowed to question why this hasn’t happened.
Allowed to question why we didn't buy Kane or have a plan B , of course you can. I have my opinions why but none of us know really.
What you can't do because their record of delivery overall speaks for itself, is accuse the owners nor those employed of being mugs or incompetent becasuse that is quite obviously wrong. You also can't pick and choose which bits of the organisation you are deciding to blame if you want to apportion blame as everyone right up to the chaiman would be involved in the decisions.

Reactions: CC1
Mino wants a clause in his next contract if that is to be believed, he has one in his Dortmund one but he promised Dortmund he would stay for 2 years which in January he has.

could do the same with his next club I’ll sign for you, for 4 to 5 years then let me have a clause for this much money etc.

Mino and Haaland are not stupid. Just think this is where football is going with players. They know clubs won’t let them leave if they want to go example of this is Kane, with a release clause that issue is gone and a player can sign for who he wants when he wants to.

The club that doesn’t want to sell might not like it, but they will get the clause fee to reinvest in player/ Players that would want to join. Example Grealish 100 million clause payed Aston Villa invested in some quality players with the money.

Gives the player more Control over his career. If he’s at a club that is not meeting his ambitions.
It does in a way make things slightly more predictable for clubs and makes negotiation stances simple. No bullshitting around what fee will be accepted - just point to the release clause.

Could be the future at the top top end for players - high release clauses at a good profit level for buying club or players leaving at end of a contract.

I don't understand when people say this with such conviction. PSG just turned down 200m euros for a player who's gonna leave on a free in a year. For a lot of teams the stubbornness plays a bigger role than money ever could.

PSG can afford to do it and they’re a power club and no doubt part of it with mbappe was about sending a message to their top stars and to other European clubs that they do not sell or negotiate for their top players.

Dortmund are and always have been a selling club, but they’re also reliant on being in the champions league. They kept Sancho for another year, knowing he’d help them last season and that they’d still get a big fee this summer. My point is, I very much doubt they would have been so adamant Haaland wasn’t for sale all summer if they can lose him in January.

We will find out either way in January. But it’s all moot anyway because City won’t get this deal done when the competition will be Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, PSG & no doubt several others. Not that we aren’t attractive to players but as a club we have been consistently unable to get deals for ready made superstars over the line. Our top players over the last decade or so have become truly world class at City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.