Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t get this de-stabilizing wage structure. All our players aren’t on the same money, some earn more than others and it’s all fine. The board will decide his worth and the same goes for future contract negotiations with likes of De Bruyne. A couple might have clauses to match highest earner.

Yep dias just signed a new contract on 165k a week and he is one of our most important players now Kdb and Sterling are on 300k+

What Raiola wants is a huge ask for any club in the World at the moment.

Either he knows something I don’t or he is going to have to change his position.

Its looking like FFP is going to morph into a wage percentage of turnover ceiling in order to avoid what has happened to Barca. Given that fact plus post COVID problems, the club that accepts Raiola’s current offer will be a huge loser, particularly if another buyout is included.

To be clear, no player in the history of football,including Maradona,is worth the risk of ruining our wage structure and ensuring we are hamstrung signing future targets or getting banned.

I want Haaland more than any other player but it’s unrealistic for Raiola to think that the low fee allows him to ask for World record money for himself Erling and Alfie on top of crazy wages just for a few years before he moves on again.

These days wages ruin clubs not transfer fees. Not even Juventus would risk this one.

We have to try to our limit but not go beyond. If another club wants to bankrupt themselves for Haaland then good luck.

If he does ask for something like twice of what KDB makes as reported, then it's best he buggers off. Fair play to Raiola if he manages to con other clubs into paying that much. I'd rather suffer another summer of ego-tripping from Levy and try to get Kane.

I have been saying for ages its going the way of baseball where wages are off the scale. Baseball is a sport of mercenaries. Transfer fees will become much less of a thing. Any decent player who knows what they are doing will run their contract down to a release clause or to nothing and then pick there own future. Why would you not.

The new FFP will have to be some kind of restriction of costs - we are very good at it despite what some of the media will report.

Whatever deal Haaland wants we must be in a good position offer as good as anyone else. If any club has the cash its us - if any can afford it under whatever the new FFP is looking like we should be up there. We had the money for Kane - we should have that and more next summer.

Haaland will only get paid what someone is prepared to pay, and I can't see too many willing to pay £850k p/w.

You may be correct but in the footballing world of big egos and desperation - who knows. United shelled out £45m a year to Ronald purely to stop him coming to us… they gave £30m a year to Sanchez in similar circumstances- I wouldn’t bet against them doing it again.

Come the summer and Mino will have £250-300 million (Haaland/ Pogba) of talent available for around £70 million.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he takes them both to Paris on huge wages/ signing on fee and of course agency/ intermediary payments (Alfie).

It is going be a landmark deal this one and Mino will exploit it as best he can.

Don’t expect it to be resolved early in the summer transfer window either. Mino will be playing everyone off against each other and only signing when happy they have exploited the market to the maximum!

Come the summer and Mino will have £250-300 million (Haaland/ Pogba) of talent available for around £70 million.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he takes them both to Paris on huge wages/ signing on fee and of course agency/ intermediary payments (Alfie).

It is going be a landmark deal this one and Mino will exploit it as best he can.

Don’t expect it to be resolved early in the summer transfer window either. Mino will be playing everyone off against each other and only signing when happy they have exploited the market to the maximum!
1st name terms with a leech eh?

What Raiola wants is a huge ask for any club in the World at the moment.

Either he knows something I don’t or he is going to have to change his position.

Its looking like FFP is going to morph into a wage percentage of turnover ceiling in order to avoid what has happened to Barca. Given that fact plus post COVID problems, the club that accepts Raiola’s current offer will be a huge loser, particularly if another buyout is included.

To be clear, no player in the history of football,including Maradona,is worth the risk of ruining our wage structure and ensuring we are hamstrung signing future targets or getting banned.

I want Haaland more than any other player but it’s unrealistic for Raiola to think that the low fee allows him to ask for World record money for himself Erling and Alfie on top of crazy wages just for a few years before he moves on again.

These days wages ruin clubs not transfer fees. Not even Juventus would risk this one.

We have to try to our limit but not go beyond. If another club wants to bankrupt themselves for Haaland then good luck.
We won't have to bankrupt ourselves.

Most sources put Haaland's Dortmund salary at 150k per week. It's safe to assume he's going to want that doubling at the very least when he moves clubs; he'll feel he's earned that and the reality is, he has. That would be 300k per week; Aubameyang currently takes home 350k weekly. Point being he's better than most of the premier league's top earners; if we were to put him on parity with Kev or even close to that outlay, it'd be worth it. I don't believe the reports of him wanting close to a million a week; blatantly, that's beyond the realms of possibility for any club. If I had to guess, I reckon he'll be on 350-400k at his next club. Our club should have the means of signing him: we were willing to part with circa 100m for Kane; in all likelihood we'll sell a couple of big names next summer to supplement that, as well as the extra revenues, potential prize money from the current season.

There is a caveat for his potential suitors. He has one more season at Dortmund to prove the numbers he's delivered over the last two years aren't a fluke. And be honest, do you think the goals are going to dry up? The likelihood is they won't, and come next summer he'll be firmly established as the best CF in the world. And the best CF is going to want the highest salary; that's basic supply and demand.

I feel City are at an interesting phase in their development post-takeover. On the field and off, I feel our growth has plateaued. On the field, we're consistently winning leagues and cups but still covet Big Ears. Off the field, we're now established as a big club but to become a veritable superpower we're this type of signing away from breaking that plateau; the commercial value of a signing like this is as powerful as the unfathomable productivity we'd be treated to week in, week out.

If he elects to go elsewhere, then that's out of our control. But let's go for the jugular and at least offer what the rest do.

Time to be aggressive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.