Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah like you already see the future as somekind of oracle, the thing is we don't know. The future is unknown and constantly changing.

Even when i was saying that it can lead financial ruins, i'm not saying as a fact that already guarantee to happen. It's just a possible future, where it will rise to higher possibility if we making a decision just like a previous club have i mentioned.

Let's just agree to disagree then, i will not going to convinced you nor you can convince me on this matter.
You need to figure out if you’re afraid that the sensitive childish players will be jealous over other players’ wages or if you’re afraid that we will go into serious financial ruin in the blink of an eye. Your first post didn’t even mention the second point and now you have that as the main concern. For me, both are pretty ridiculous concerns given the reality and the facts. But you are correct: Let's just agree to disagree then, i will not going to convinced you nor you can convince me on this matter. Cheers

people are too obsessed with depth. too obsessed with the scary thought of having to play a youth player for 10 games a season.

i'm more afraid of having to see sterling up top for half a season. no thank you. striker first. get the best of the best. we can deal with the other positions later.
I’m not as obsessed with depth as I am with balance in the squad. Depth is why right now we can avoid that Sterling scenario hehe

If Haaland had never been born would we be stuffed? No is the obvious answer, if he signs for another club should we turn the lights off? No is the obvious answer. We will do fine without him. In fact if we can get 3 players instead for the same price the team as a whole could do even better than if we spunked daft money on him.

If the Sheikh had never been born would ee be having this discussion? Probably would still be fine, of course. What a weird way to frame it.

We are where we are, needing a striker in the team and aiming for the best to be at the top. We go for someone else for whatever reason, no issue at all, but no quasi-philosophical principles in that.

Incidentally, any 'waste of money' that has been spunked by the club has not been on expensive top players, but on multiple less expensive mediocre players that needed replaced and lost resale value.

Last edited:
You need to figure out if you’re afraid that the sensitive childish players will be jealous over other players’ wages or if you’re afraid that we will go into serious financial ruin in the blink of an eye. Your first post didn’t even mention the second point and now you have that as the main concern. For me, both are pretty ridiculous concerns given the reality and the facts. But you are correct: Let's just agree to disagree then, i will not going to convinced you nor you can convince me on this matter. Cheers

Both can actually happen and it's related to another.

We have an understanding then, thanks.

Paying someone 600k a week will surely rock the apple cart when it comes to other players negotiating their contracts. I dont think it's quite as easy as some make out.

Not that I think he would get paid, or even 'demand' that much, but actual number aside, why?

Does it rock the apple cart any more than another club paying a player that? Do players negotiating wages not think I could be getting X elsewhere, look at what Y is getting paid?

What is our limit, Kdb's wages? If he gets a pay rise in a new contract, does everyone get a pay rise or the right to ask for one. Or maybe we strike a midway point between zinchenko and kdb and thats what everyone gets, existing and new.

If my employer was to bring someone in, and pay them more than me to attract them from somewhere else, would I be annoyed? If they were doing the exact same as me, potentially, but if they were doing more, better, or bringing in more revenue, I'd either shrug and carry on or try improve.

Longer term, I think not going over some arbitrary imaginary wage cap to bring in top players would be more damaging than doing it here and there. Because what top player with a choice of top clubs would go for the one known to never pay more than their current set limit.

Last edited:
I don't like the notion that we can easily break the wage structure just we have to, regardless the dressing room feeling about that.

It's just insulting to our player that have been loyal for us for years, they can at some point be tempted to leave the club for the club with better european pedigree and history aka a lot of bullshit compared to us. Yet most of them still stick with us eventhough the club still not getting the biggest trophy of them all, they trust and care for the club because the club is also caring them back and making a fair and justified wage structure to keep everyone happy.

And now the club want to stab them back and spit all the goodwill they have been building for over years for some kid that i admit is huge talent that can take us to the new height but at the cost of our dressing room?

This really a bad, bad idea if the rumor is true. I hope for everyone sake that Haaland or more specifially his father can convince him for not making outrageous demand for his wage.

You play for City as main man in the club as striker but that doesn't mean you are bigger than the club. We still have our pride and not bending ourselves easily to give in any demand from potential player that joining our club.

The reason, in most cases the main one, those players have come here and 'stuck it out' as opposed to going to these 'pedegree' clubs as you call them, is because we repeateldy 'broke the wage structure' and paid them what we pay them. Which is why we have one of the highest wage billd in our league and Europe. And the trophies to match of course.

And long may both continue.

Last edited:
No player is bigger than the club.

If Haaland wants to play for City, then we can afford the release clause and can pay him the £300K/per week that should satisfy him. Of note in recent weeks has been the news that Puma is trying to tie him up and any tie in to City may have significant synergistic rewards attached.

If he wants to come, he’ll come. If he doesn’t, he won’t. Simples, regardless of what his agent might want!

Exactly. He will be paid big regardless. whether thats 300k a week, 350, whatever KDB gets paid minus a pound, whatever KDB gets paid Plus a pound, or 400k, it really doesn't matter. The media will try their damnest to round it up to 1m, and will happily claim that. And fuds will happily believe it and proclaim shock.

The contract and amounts will be between club and player, and will either work for both or won't.

Last edited:
The reason, in most cases the main one, those players have come here and 'stuck it out' as opposed to going to these 'pedegree' clubs as you call them, is because we repeateldy 'broke the wage structure' and paid them what we pay them. Which is why we have one of the highest wages bill in our league and Europe. And the trophies to match of course.

And long may both continue.

Sigh you putting us in the same situation like City in early day, compared to us nowadays that seems making a cautious decision to not overspend on players wage.

Ofc we are going to be highest bill in the league because the current player deserved it over the years by being a dominant team in the league winning many title like PL 3 out of 4 in recent season. It's not decision that suddenly we paying them like this back then, but already building it up over the years with contract raise to get of what they deserve as a dominant champion in the league.

Squad depth in all positions is important which is kind of my point. We need a left back, Dm and striker. We may need a midfielder and centre half too. This is all guesswork on our part. None of us can read the minds of Haaland Laporte Silva or any player.

Of course squad depth matters. It is perverse to think that the club would only sign Haaland, or any one striker, and that that would stop them strengthening other areas they have identified or come up as a result of players being sold. If that were the case, we wouldn't have signed Grealish last summer but would have gone all in for Kane.

Interesting you put Haaland in the same category as ronaldo that already proven himself many times over and over again. Both in the club and internationally as well his personal achievement which is bigger than Haaland atm.

I already see where this is going, i'm going to say no. It's just madness, just because that market is moving into direction doesn't mean we have too especially for just some kid. If haaland is somekind an established player that already winning many major titles for the club and personal achievement then yes break the wage structure and pay whatever his wage demand for.

As for Grealish, he refusing Aston Villa offer that makes him the highest paid player in the club. Yet he refused that and instead he rather be here and be paid less of what Aston Villa is offer is already put him in good book on me. We paying him marginally better than his wage at Aston Villa at that time, we gotta rememmber that when we sign him he still have duration for his contract. So there's not the club can do except just raise him a little bit better than he already got, if he released as free transfer it will be different story.

Player that has been playing over 20 years has achieved more than a player that has been playing 3 or 4 years at professional level, nothing surprising about that. Pointless comparing that side of it. It took Ronaldo years to hit the numbers Haaland is getting now, who has years ahead of him. That wasn't the point at all though.

More importantly, what on earth makes you think we are paying Grealish marginally more than he was on at villa, and less than he would have got staying there? That would be a lovely reality, but can't possibly be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.